The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

To be honest, and I hate to say this, but that was proper batting from Travis Head. Attacking weakness in the bloke who the opposition are banking on to bowl long, tight spells. It's basically fucked us for the whole series because when the sun comes out, we'll shit the bed and play extra seamers instead of a spin option and they'll get 560-3.

Well batted Head, you bastard.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nexus said:

Is the reason we're so shit because we've spent so much time focusing on the one day side of the game, or are we just shit? 

Yes. It’s like wrestling focusing on gimmick matches so much they forget how to do a proper match. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mark Wood got 6-37, fantastic bowling from him.. Chance England could win this... 

Great start to the batting but Green is starting to get at us. 

Questions will be asked about what we can do.. We're shit at test cricket, everyone is in a hurry to score runs. What's the solution? Less white balls games seems the most obvious. Roots not be the best captain ( his total runs have been good in this year and last) but who could replace him? 

1 hour ago, King of Hamptons said:

Mark Wood got 6-37, fantastic bowling from him.. Chance England could win this... 

I was thinking something similar myself when I left the house to go shopping England were 70/1. I figured we had over two days to score another 200 runs with 9 wickets left, how hard could it be? To steal a joke from (I think) Drop The Dead Donkey, there's probably an entire generation that think "England batting collapse" is a single word.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I reckon that might almost have been YJB's best test match knock - just after the one in the Ashes. He's suddenly looking like the test player we always hoped he would be. Brilliant innings, and Ben Foakes looked really good too. Good support work from the Three Oakes.

• 1 month later...

In bad news for Hoylandswaine haters (there's a few on here I know) the fuckers have only gone and signed Pakistan test/ODI/T20 bowler Junaid Khan. He did get comprehensively upstaged by another bowler from Pakistan in one of the lower divisions, a 21-year-old who took 10/16 (9 of them were wides) playing in his first match in England.

Edited by Tamura

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, this is fun…

I left my job as Head of Comms for Frank Warren in December for a new job in the betting industry. But, after a very brief time, I realised that world wasn’t for me… so, on June 13 I take over as Head of Comms and Media at The Oval.

Pretty big bucket list job for me. Looking forward to getting stuck into the Surrey CCC goings on, as well as the England internationals.

Should be great 😊