The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

12 minutes ago, Nexus said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/azeem-rafiq-apologises-for-antisemitic-text-messages-87snclgr5

Of course this will give fuel to the dickheads who are against Rafiq. But, unlike Vaughan, Hales etc., he has apologised for it. It doesn't excuse it, obviously, but at least he has acknowledged his mistake.

Already there are people who are acting like this negates what to happened to him. Racists gonna racist. 

• Paid Members

The thing is, he has never, ever said he was totally innocent in all this. He's admitted he gave as good as he got "banter" wise, and has said things he himself regrets saying. So things like this was going to come out. It doesn't negate everything else though... 

In slightly better news for English cricket, CA have accepted the resignation of Tim Paine meaning that they need to appoint a new captain with 3ish weeks until the start of the Ashes. 

It will be interesting to see where they go with the captaincy with Cummins currently being VC. I'm sure the Smith debate will come up as to whether he's served punishment enough..

Potentially the distraction needed to give England a sniff of pulling off a result?

• Paid Members

It's not really good news because Tim Paine is shit and now they'll probably pick a good keeper-batsman. I'm not sure the change of captain will make as much of a difference as we hope, but fingers crossed.

13 hours ago, Cod Eye said:

The thing is, he has never, ever said he was totally innocent in all this. He's admitted he gave as good as he got "banter" wise, and has said things he himself regrets saying. So things like this was going to come out. It doesn't negate everything else though... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Cricket is really hard to enjoy at the moment. Joe Root coin gout saying he texts Rafiq supporting him but doesn't remember any racism. Ashley aGiles saying the one thing we can all learn from is that there should be a second chance for Michael Vaughan. 

Excuse me while I watch old videos of Steve Watkin and Martin Bicknell. 

I would say I'd hope we lose 5-0, but then the Aussies are sending dick pics to medics. 

My favourite sport is a fucking mess. 

Bring back Devon Malcolm. He'd twat them on the head. 

Edited by PowerButchi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Turned it off when Root got out. Should have turned it off after the first ball. Or before it, once Root decided to fucking bat or once I saw Broad and Anderson were both left out. England will always find a way to out-shit themselves.