The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

You've got to factor in the extra time he'll get when they drop Foakes instead to try and keep him in the team.

(But seriously 3 hundreds this year means he'll be in the team for a while)

My random claim is if Moeen doesn't come back, we'll see an experiment of Dan Lawrence back in the team batting 8 and bowling a few overs of spin at some point instead of Leach.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of trying to teach a group of of beastly T20 and One Day players to figure out Test cricket. Lets just break the whole thing.

I like our new completely mental approach to Test cricket.  We our going to get wrecked sooner or later but it would be hilarious if we wrecked the Aussies playing like this.

He’s always obviously had it in him. But it turns out coming in at 5 on roads with the ball not doing much is BAZBALL time. Also not having to worry about gloves or anything.

YJB is my New Hick, and I’m so happy he’s doing well.

whoch raises the question how would Hick be doing?

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Butch2000 said:

He’s always obviously had it in him. But it turns out coming in at 5 on roads with the ball not doing much is BAZBALL time. Also not having to worry about gloves or anything.

YJB is my New Hick, and I’m so happy he’s doing well.

whoch raises the question how would Hick be doing

I think current day Hick would average 45 going at 110 in bazball. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

spacer.png

In village cricket news we were up against Hoylandswaine for the second year running in the league's cup final, and for the second year running they failed miserably. The somewhat belated match report is here, sadly no mention of our fans' Joy Division themed chants of "Swaine are falling apart again" during our run chase.