The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Well the remarkable transformation in the Test Team has been matched in a negative fashion by the 50 over side. How they managed to throw away a winning position today I don't know. It was good to see Roy get some runs today though, he is such a destructive player at his best. 

• Paid Members

Sorry for consecutive posts, but we seem to be playing these one day games in South Africa just so the Saffers don't have to go through qualifying for the World Cup. The bowlers just were not at the races today. It never looked in doubt that Bavuma would lead them to the runs v

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Nice to see the Aussies win the toss and bat against India, and then get run through for 177. Both openers cheaply was a good start for the Indians and then it looked like Labuschange and Smith were going to do their thing. The ball from Jasdeja that got Labuschange was a beauty. 

• Paid Members

That pitch would get a bad mark in a local Sunday league, but India are always going to do that. Aussies need a spinner that takes the ball away from the right hander. Lyon is meat and drink for them and I don't really know anything about Murphy. 

• Paid Members

Surprise surprise the pitch turned into an absolute raging Bunsen and India duly ran through the Aussies in double quick time. No one gets the practice the Indians do on their pitches and once the Aussies conceded a 200 plus run lead it was all over. 

• Paid Members

Well the England Bazball roadshow has rolled on to the home of its creator and as usual they have crammed 2 days of Test match into 1. Crawley playing the most Crawley of innings, dropped, bowled off a no ball and then out for very few runs is why we pick him it seems. Harry Brook continuing to smash everything bowled at him until the commentary team invoke the name of Gilbert Jessop and the fastest Test hundred and he gets out is lovely to watch. Then declaring so that they can bowl Anderson under the most friendly conditions imaginable leaves a bemused NZ 3 down at the end. 

This isn't really Test cricket anymore but it is mental to watch. I'm sure if McCullum was in charge of the 50 over side he would be trying to get them to score a thousand runs. 

• Paid Members

Well the Bazball roadshow shows no signs of letting up. Stuart Broad producing another one of those spells that he is capable of. To bowl the top 3 in the order and for all 4 wickets to be bowled is virtually unheard of against top class players. Mind you had Lego Hands Crawley taken the relatively simple slip catch it would have been very different. How he is still in the slips I don't know  England should win tomorrow. First win in NZ for 15 years. 

• Paid Members

I can only assume its the 'don't change a winning team' mantra, which I kind of get but also ignores the fact that Crawley is the drizzling shits.

Still find it hard to comprehend how the test team has turned around in the past year. 12 months removed from the utterly bleak series in the WI. May as well have taken place in a different universe.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said:

How Crawley's still in the team is beyond me. If they need an opener to slog it then why not just give Jason Roy another go? Or Hales? Crawley comes off about once a series, he's shit.

I think it's how you get Bairstow back in the team. Let him open, at least he can catch. It's difficult to see where he gets back in the middle order, everyone else is firing.