The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Also, let's not forget the Mooen situation on this tour, Publicly blaming him for going home when it was previously agreed he was anyway just after playing a blinder. He wrote once in the Guardian a few years back that he's never felt like he fit, and Root on telly going on about it being his decision when it wasn't and him and Silverwood had to apologise in the press when he finally looked a test cricketer again.

I still say it, and always will. Root is not a captain. 

Buttler becoming captain with Foakes as wicket keeper is probably the other option besides Stokes after Root goes.

I'd like to see them pick Amar Virdi next game if he's still with the squad. He's won a couple of matches for Surrey which puts his record above most current English spinners already. Proper number 11 though which is probably why he's not been in the full touring squads.

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, The Curious Orange said:

Buttler becoming captain with Foakes as wicket keeper is probably the other option besides Stokes after Root goes.

I'd like to see them pick Amar Virdi next game if he's still with the squad. He's won a couple of matches for Surrey which puts his record above most current English spinners already. Proper number 11 though which is probably why he's not been in the full touring squads.

Welcome back!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Speaking off YouTube, I'm really enjoying the fact that all the counties are streaming their 4 day games. 

Watched most of the final 2 days of Lancs v Sussex (Jack Carson looks a great prospect for Sussex), then being able to just flick over to watch the end of that Yorkshire v Northants match which went down to the wire was great (apart from the result 😄)