The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Top class shithousery this morning in the Big Bash. James Vince 98 not out. scores level. AJ Tye bowls a wide. Not at all in the spirit of the game, but top work by the bowler. 

There was also a really poor umpire decision against Mitch Marsh in this game. As an umpire Lion, how do you feel about people calling for dismissals when they know full well the batsman isn’t out? 

• Paid Members

These things happen @stewdogg Batsmen dont walk when they've knicked it and this time he got given out when he hadn't. Both sides appeal equally and both sides complain about the poor umpiring when they make the umpires job much harder. 

You have to accept as an umpire that you will occasionally saw someone off horrifically. It's how you react to it that is the key. Players don't drop catches on purpose, umpires generally don't make bad decisions on purpose. It is all parrt of the game. 

• Moderators

It'll just be throwing over to the home feed won't it I imagine? So a few for the studio and that's it. Apparently Cook and Strauss are involved, and Isa Guha would be a fine addition.

Edit: Mark Butcher is being mooted too. I enjoy his work.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Yeah, Butcher, Cook and Strauss would be fine. I prefer Ebony Rainford Brent to Isa Guha but both would be fine with me.

I like them Rainford Brent and Guha, they both offer something different. Only when Guha dips her toe into Bumble territory do I worry.

Butcher is my favourite cricket analyst and I like Cook and Strauss although they are both quite dry at times. 

• Paid Members

Apparently they're taking Star Sports' commentary, which does at least mean we'll get Harsha Bhogle and Sunil Gavaskar. The downside is Nick Knight, but the upside is Mark Butcher on the English side.

https://www.mbs.news/2021/01/hindi-and-english-commentators-for-the-india-vs-england-test-series-announce-by-star-sports.html

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

Rishi Persad from the BBC bowls coverage and one of the Racing channels is host by all accounts. 

I'll happily take that all day. He's a proper Dougie Donnelly. He's decent at everything he's been asked to present, and it's normally the shite the Beeb have left over (and there not much decent). Looking forward to him doing well here. 

Was hoping for Gower, but never expected him, expected Greg James, and I didn't want him. Persad is a quality and knowledgeable host of sport and I hope this works out well for him. I'd happily see him on our screens more. 

I've only read about him, Strauss and Cook so far in the studio. The punditry is a bit white, male, and posh for me. So hoping they can get Isa or Ebony in. And also an Indian former test cricketer based over here (which is the challenge) for a bit of balance. 

And Boycs. Because. 

And I also hope Rishi bathes himself in Cuprinol and has hair like Ron Burgundy for that authentic Mark Nicholas feel

Edited by PowerButchi