The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Commentators curse there from Lord Boycott. 

Athers getting out to the part time stylings of Steve Waugh and Maynard picking Warne like Stevie Wonder on a hook a duck. 

Hick was majestic though. A late cut bettered only by The Judge in that era. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

For me I loved his front foot power lofted straight drive.

The pure strength behind it was insane.  Even in his fortys they were picking balls out of the river at New Hall when he went for it. 

That lofted drive was jaw dropping when I started watching, he played it beautifully but it didn't seem proper.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

YJB looked good at 4. To be fair he could do a job anywhere in the top order. 

Considering how good he is at scoring of spin moving him down the order isn't the worst idea. You certainly can't do that with Roy.

Edited by ElCece

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone watched The Test on Prime yet? Seems to be getting great reviews even from non-cricket fans, which kind of worries me because if you don't like cricket then your taste is obviously off.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Anyone watched The Test on Prime yet? Seems to be getting great reviews even from non-cricket fans, which kind of worries me because if you don't like cricket then your taste is obviously off.

Yes I really enjoyed it. It kicks off straight after the sandpaper incident and was probably done as a bit of a PR exercise, and it worked on me as Tim Paine comes across really well on it.

Even if you don't end up watching all of it, I'd at least watch the episode that shows the Stokes Headingley test match, just for Langer's reaction to it all.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, The Ratt said:

Yes I really enjoyed it. It kicks off straight after the sandpaper incident and was probably done as a bit of a PR exercise, and it worked on me as Tim Paine comes across really well on it.

Even if you don't end up watching all of it, I'd at least watch the episode that shows the Stokes Headingley test match, just for Langer's reaction to it all.

Good stuff, cheers. I'll fire it up after I've finished The Vietnam War.

Meanwhile, Shane Warne and Andrew Symonds in complete arseholes shocker.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/andrew-symonds-shane-warne-commentary-gaffe-bbl-renegades-strikers-kayo-210604964.html

• Paid Members

For all Tim Paine's talk of setting a better example as Australian skipper it was lovely to see him get fined 15% of his match fee for sledging and swearing at the umpire. Some decidedly ordinary keeping by Paine really brought out his snarky side.