The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Looking forward to the last two days of the test. The draw is all but out of the equation(weather permitting), and if England can mop the last two up quickly the target is realisic enough that both teams will think they are in with a chance. 

If they can remove the last two wickets in say the first 10 over of the day, then England need to go old school Geoffrey Boycott their way though day 4, try and knock half the total off for a few wickets at most, then let the likes of Stokes and Pope play with some freedom to get them over the line*.

*In reality, England's top 6 will play like it's a T20 match and it will end all out for about 90...

• Moderators

He's surely undroppable for home tests? Great to see him do a bit with the bat finally too as he was getting pelters for losing his batting. To be honest he can bat like Phil fucking Tufnell if he wants while he avgs 22 with the ball in home tests. 

• Paid Members

Brilliant test to watch that! 

It was good to see him get some important runs, but it doesn't change the fact that the target would have been closer to 200 should Buttler have done his job behind the stumps. 

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

He's surely undroppable for home tests? Great to see him do a bit with the bat finally too as he was getting pelters for losing his batting. To be honest he can bat like Phil fucking Tufnell if he wants while he avgs 22 with the ball in home tests. 

He was much better last winter as well. Doesn't help he gets given the ball soft abroad. I mean 2nd innings when is was obvious he was one of our 2 form bowlers he was the 5th person  to gave a shot, he bowled superbly but didn't get a 2nd spell.

Also something that is rarely noted is he never drops catches. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Why has Robinson been called up? Seamers aren't out problem

It's a fairly quick turnaround. Maybe the selectors think Anderson can't play this many games in short succession.

I can't think of a time I've seen Robinson play. Is he any good?

• Paid Members

He is OK. Bats a bit, think he might struggle at the test level TBH. Likely just back up.

Lots depends on if Stokes can bowl in the next test or not but  I think both Anderson and Archer will be "rotated" in the next test. Wood in for Archer and either Crawley or Curran for Anderson. 

• Moderators

Stokes couldnt bowl in this test and he did. God bless that sexy bastard. 

Im not a massive fan of Mark Wood. He's fast, but he's so delicate and goes for a lot on a bad day. And before anyone says "Devon Malcolm" he's different.

Curran I absolutely love though. Dangerous medium pace trundler. And as a medium pacer myself it's good to see one. 

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, PowerButchi said:

Stokes couldnt bowl in this test and he did. God bless that sexy bastard. 

Im not a massive fan of Mark Wood. He's fast, but he's so delicate and goes for a lot on a bad day. And before anyone says "Devon Malcolm" he's different.

Curran I absolutely love though. Dangerous medium pace trundler. And as a medium pacer myself it's good to see one. 

Wood should be kept on the back burner for away tests and white ball stuff. Not a huge fan either but they have convinced themselves they want him or Archer. 

I'm probably a bit unfair to Curran because 1) he seemed to get matched up with Woakes in a lot of the selection discussion and no way should he be picked over Woakes and 2) I find a seemer who weighs 8 stone off putting.

Clearly he is going to be in and around the team for years though.

• Paid Members

I've spoken with a couple of people who have come across Curran around the county circuit. Both of them said he is one of the most unlikeable humans to have ever walked the earth. Just a really arrogant prick. They should definitely unleash him on Pakistan, there will be a fight. 

If Stokes is fit to bowl I'd leave out Anderson and get Zak Crawley back in. I'd leave Bess out for Leach. Bess has been very average with the ball this summer. 

• Paid Members

Well scrap all that, not the Curran bit obviously, but the rest. Stokes is out of the rest of the Pakistan series because of family issues. So I'm guessing the team for the next test will probably be:

Burns, Sibley, Crawley, Root, Pope, Buttler, Woakes, Broad, Bess, Archer, Anderson. 

Personally I'd go with Leach instead of Bess. I can't see them leaving Anderson out now unless he is injured. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Well scrap all that, not the Curran bit obviously, but the rest. Stokes is out of the rest of the Pakistan series because of family issues. So I'm guessing the team for the next test will probably be:

Burns, Sibley, Crawley, Root, Pope, Buttler, Woakes, Broad, Bess, Archer, Anderson. 

Personally I'd go with Leach instead of Bess. I can't see them leaving Anderson out now unless he is injured. 

I would go with Leach as well but they won't I think Anderson looked clearly worn out/carrying a niggle so am leaning towards him being left out.