The All New Cricket Thread!

PowerButchi

• Moderators

Let's just think what happened if England stayed with this young team and Wayne Larkins (But fuck off, it's Wayne Fucking Larkins. He was Gun). 

Taking the Windies to the wire away in 90 and even winning the first test. 

I remember from Hussains book, they spent two days getting chucked at from 14 yards in nets being watched by the GLY, and Boycs just Bollocksed and Bollocked them (especially Gooch). But they looked better, a team of youngsters that were sent there were expected to be pumped and 40 year old in Larkins and Gooch. Won the first test and were unlucky in the next two. 

91 summer home tests had a fat Botham, an uninterested Gower, and I think Derek Pringle stole a living again. Then there was Graeme Hick on the front page of the Radio Times and getting dropped, and Ramps getting dropped after scoring several 20s. Which is enough to shore up the middle order now. 

90s England. Fucks sakes. 

Also Wayne Fucking Larkins. Gun when He could be arsed. I suppose that's why I love YJB

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

So a whole new pace attack for the next test, Wood and Anderson rested and Archer dropped as he has breached the bio bubble. Old Trafford usually has a bit of bounce so not having your two quickest bowlers is the most England thing to do at this point. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Aren't Ollie Stone and Jamie Overton with the party? Why not choose one of them? Medium pace trundlers all the way, time for Neil Mallender to dust off his whites.

Probably because they aren't very good. 

Does this mean the days of Anderson/Broad bowling in tandem are over? Seems that with the rotation plans for this summer, they'll pick one of Anderson/Broad and two of Wood/Archer/Curran/Woakes. 

Bess could be a great spinner and seems handy with the bat too so adds useful depth on both asides.

This was good day of batting, looked like a great contest between bat and ball which is the sign of a good game to me, and Sibley looks the real deal with more leaves than a Nigel Farage dinner party. Crawley will hopefully lock in number 3, though I did get worried when he was out first ball and sensed a collapse coming.

Will be interesting to see how England approach Day 2 and they're happy to bat long on or press on and bowl after lunch. Surely you bat for as long as possible and bat them out of the game? It's Old Trafford, the ball will swing and then it will spin later on. 

• Paid Members

It would make sense to start to rely less on the Anderson/Broad tandem, and start planning the next long term attack. It's a shame we won't be seeing them both bowling here though. Anderson is a proper joy to watch in these conditions, and I could see the West Indies batsmen seriously struggling against him(assuming the conditions of day one carry on for at least a few more days)...