Facebook updates that blow your mind v2

Otto Dem Wanz

• Paid Members

For shit like that, and the one or two people still on my Facebook feed posting conspiracies and alt-right bollocks, I wish more than anything that Facebook had an "eye roll" options in reactions. Would be so much more devastating than taking the effort to actually reply.

7 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

For shit like that, and the one or two people still on my Facebook feed posting conspiracies and alt-right bollocks, I wish more than anything that Facebook had an "eye roll" options in reactions. Would be so much more devastating than taking the effort to actually reply.

Is replying by unaccompanied gif a bit too passive aggressive?

The Office Reaction GIF

Before I deactivated Facebook (well, strictly speaking, my account - I couldn't find the button to shut down the whole site), one of my biggest bugbears was their decision to forego the much requested "dislike" button in favour of a select range of other reactions, all of which quickly became subject to misuse and misinterpretation.

If you want to lazily express disagreement with something, you're given the unsatisfying choice between ANGRY or LAUGH, both of which can come across more aggressively than the simple verdict you'd rather convey, and provoke unnecessary conflict or ill feeling. Ironically the outcome they probably thought they'd avoid by going this route instead of what users were asking for.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

You could maybe use a GIF to express an eye roll?

It was my nephew's first birthday last week. He's already wrong about everything.

This is from someone that lives a fantasy1940s housewife lifestyle, continually moaning about the lack of traditional values from this era (including her infamous rant about people who wear jeans to the theatre), and won't let her partner move in because it will effect her benefits.

babybooks.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

“Think of a number upto 999, and search that number along with the words ‘new cases’. Google will find an article about that number of new coronavirus cases. Coincidence?🤔

My sister-in-law is a fucking idiot. She’s gone from living in absolute fear of Covid to now thing thinking that it’s all a massive hoax because she watched that Plandemic video the other week

I’ve no idea what she’s suggesting, and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t really know either, but as @johnnyboy said, I told her “no it’s not a coincidence, that’s how search engines work. They find everything with the number 999 and the words ‘new’ and ‘cases’, that’s why there are thousands of results”

I might as well have been talking to the wall for all the good it did.

Happened to my dad too, and due to the fact he already had multiple accounts from forgetting his password every few months I didn't think twice about accepting the new request. Got half way through a basic conversation with him before realising it wasn't him when he asked if I'd heard about some new investment opportunity and sent me a link. Was quite unnerving how easy it was to be fooled.