The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

24 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

I wear the same boots he wore last night so he’s ace.

The last time I got into a discussion with Butch, he tagged me on here as "micro penis" on my profile so im going to learn from my mistake, agree that the shoes are nice and walk away 😂

• Paid Members

Years of moaning nobody gets over (and rightfully so in most respects) and finally someone does and it's suddenly "no not like that".

LA Knight might just be a generic guy with a few catchphrases but he's over and he's moving merch and he's getting viral online and everything WWE want from a guy they probably haven't invested too much in.

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, FelatioLips said:

Years of moaning nobody gets over (and rightfully so in most respects) and finally someone does and it's suddenly "no not like that".

I don't think there is any criticism of how he has got over, I think some of us are genuinely confused as to why him? There is nothing he does that no one else can. Generic look, generic move set. Awful name (Thats not a discussion point, LA Knight sounds like the knock off shoes your ma came back from the Sunday Market when you asked for some of those Shaq or Jordan basketball shoes).  In recent times it reminds me of when Zack Ryder got over and the powers that be chopped his legs from underneath him. He had more upside then LA Knight does now.

And some of us older folk have rightfully called out his a Rock/Austin rip off. And it would be right to say there is a whole generation of fans who didn't grow up on them so this is new. And that would hold water, if they didn't make almost annual appearances at Mania. Like a lot of things people like I don't get, I am pleased they do, but I will sit there confused by it.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I don't think there is any criticism of how he has got over, I think some of us are genuinely confused as to why him? There is nothing he does that no one else can. Generic look, generic move set. Awful name (Thats not a discussion point, LA Knight sounds like the knock off shoes your ma came back from the Sunday Market when you asked for some of those Shaq or Jordan basketball shoes).  In recent times it reminds me of when Zack Ryder got over and the powers that be chopped his legs from underneath him. He had more upside then LA Knight does now.

And some of us older folk have rightfully called out his a Rock/Austin rip off. And it would be right to say there is a whole generation of fans who didn't grow up on them so this is new. And that would hold water, if they didn't make almost annual appearances at Mania. Like a lot of things people like I don't get, I am pleased they do, but I will sit there confused by it.

First and foremost it's wrestling. Certain criticisms have been and always will be easily nullified in wrestling.

"There's nothing he does no one else can" - Well they're not, he is.

"Awful name" - LA Knight is no better or worse than other stupid names that got over in wrestling. The Rock is a dumb name, Scotty 2 Hotty is a dumb name. It's wrestling, you either have a stupid name or you use a real name and in wrestling the real names are sometimes worse.

I'm not sure how old you are, but I'm 33 and was there for Rock and Austin and let's not pretend they were entirely original. Nobody in wrestling is. Everyone takes peices from other people before them, some more obviously than others. If it gets over who cares?
It's not like he's coming out every week asking if we can smell what he's cooking. Having catchphrases and playing up to the crowd aren't unique to The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin.

• Paid Members

“Move set” means nothing. Hulk Hogan once said “I ain’t got much, I’ve got three punches, a boot and a leg drop.” What you do is far less important than if you can make the people care that you’re doing it.

55 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Awful name (Thats not a discussion point, LA Knight sounds like the knock off shoes your ma came back from the Sunday Market when you asked for some of those Shaq or Jordan basketball shoes).

That's not a discussion point? Why not? Because you don't like people disagreeing with you?

La Knight is fine as a name. It fits well with the crowd chanting along. If a guy called The Rock can get over then there's no reason why LA Knight doesn't work as a name.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

If that's the case and it's so easy then why is everyone not as over as him? I don't really have a strong opinion on him either way but you're doing him a bit of a disservice there as he's been over everywhere he's been so I've heard.

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I actually really like the LA Knight name. He sounds like an 80s maverick detective show.

Or the lovechild of LA Law and Knight Rider. Which I'd watch.

People like him because he's cool! He believes in himself, and he's not a mark, Other than his Rock influence, Does he deserve to be face of the company? No. Does he deserve a mega push? Yes! LA Knight is a fine name, Its a wrestling name. Remember when wrestlers didn't have real names. Yeah, he should have a great name like....Hulk Hogan or.....Brutus Beefcake. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

I actually really like the LA Knight name. He sounds like an 80s maverick detective show.

And it’s way better than Eli Drake but he got to keep things similar. Win/Win.

He has a catchphrase, that's the answer to why Knight is over. 

He's a very good talker tbf even if it's a copy of two other great talkers. 

What will happen is once he's in main events he'll be rejected cause he'll be exposed as a meh worker 

Also wondering how much of the current WWE fan base attending live shows ever watched Knight in Impact.