The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

• 2 weeks later...

He's a good hand - could and should be channeled into a more consistent character - but at this point he reminds me of that nerdy kid in school who is just shrewd enough to get in with the big lads, and you have to suffer him smiling smugly from behind their shoulders.

He seems to just have the screen time, general presence and call on his own creative that far exceeds how good or clever he really is. Always right there with his Real Dad behind him, ready to take advantage of another injury crisis or brand split with his interminable, whacky character evolutions that you can never quite place to a year or many decent angles. 

What's crazy is that the above post makes out that he stole my girlfriend or something, but I actually like the guy. The Authority are maligned but his initial heel run was great because it was slow burn, he got a proper run and his character was actually consistent. 

Now he's metalcore Liberace. He's like someone who won a competition to create and be his own character on Raw one week. Only it's every week. 

Seth is everything he needs to be as the alternative champ to Roman. He's got a catchy entrance which people love. He puts on solid matches. But beyond that there's no real depth of character or anything. Yet he doesn't really need that either because you're getting that with the Bloodline. So yeah he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's got enough bases covered.

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

I like how Cody came down in the opening segment dressed for a match, nothing happens apart from a brief scrap with Brock then he appears an hour later with a suit on. 

I’ve seen this a few times, and I know dunking on Cody’s silliness is fun, but surely it’s as simple as… was going to challenge Seth to a match, got into a fight with Brock instead, so got changed again?

Obviously the actual reason is that his entrance with the fireworks and the belt handed over to the kids is the biggest attraction on Raw - especially given they’ve got metalcore Liberace (great shout) as champion - but the above checks out enough.

It’s an absolute miracle really that Cody is still over, but here we are. As I’ve said before, I just don’t know that it’ll be as easy as keeping him warm until Mania and having him beat Roman. I think they settle on him winning the World Heavyweight title later in the year, and worry about the other title somewhere down the line, if at all.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

• Paid Members
35 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

As I’ve said before, I just don’t know that it’ll be as easy as keeping him warm until Mania and having him beat Roman. I think they settle on him winning the World Heavyweight title later in the year, and worry about the other title somewhere down the line, if at all.

What on Earth do they do with Roman between SummerSlam - where I assume he's beating an Uso - and Mania? Holding off on Cody beating him will be terrible for both. But they're screwed either way, like when Reigns eventually took the title from Lesnar not at a Mania but in a short match at SummerSlam that nobody remembers. They can do it at the right time on the wrong stage or the right stage and we've waited too long for it. Lightning in a bottle, gone.

1 minute ago, air_raid said:

What on Earth do they do with Roman between SummerSlam - where I assume he's beating an Uso - and Mania? Holding off on Cody beating him will be terrible for both. But they're screwed either way, like when Reigns eventually took the title from Lesnar not at a Mania but in a short match at SummerSlam that nobody remembers. They can do it at the right time on the wrong stage or the right stage and we've waited too long for it. Lightning in a bottle, gone.

Bray Wyatt...

17 minutes ago, air_raid said:

Having time off isn't he?

Apart from maybe the Saudi show in Oct/Nov i don't think we'll see him much between Summerslam and the Rumble.

• Paid Members

Fucking hell, no wonder they made a new Big Gold/Universal consolation belt so they could still have title matches on TV. The old 30 day rule has taken a beating the last few years, hasn't it?

• Paid Members
On 6/25/2023 at 3:41 PM, scouseman said:

Why was chelsea Green upset at the video package that aired with her in the Gym having a tantrum and throwing coffee over that guy in the car? I thought it was amazing. She plays this new character so well. I saw a tweet saying that she does not give anyone permission to use her likeness and I just thought it was part of her new gimmick. Is there any more to it then that? 

Yeah pretty sure that’s in character. Common Karen trope to cause a big scene and then go bananas at people for filming it. 

2 hours ago, air_raid said:

Fucking hell, no wonder they made a new Big Gold/Universal consolation belt so they could still have title matches on TV. The old 30 day rule has taken a beating the last few years, hasn't it?

They officially extended that rule to 300 days in 2014 as per Kayfabe News.

Edited by FUM
Realised my joke wasnt obvious so this edit now ruins it

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, air_raid said:

What on Earth do they do with Roman between SummerSlam - where I assume he's beating an Uso - and Mania? 

He can face The Rock at Survivor Series, Three Title Belts vs. The Egg, Winner Takes All. See how much Paul Heyman can carry to the ring before he starts dropping stuff. Like Buckaroo.

Edited by Supremo

18 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I have no idea what Seth Rollins is. Literally no idea.

When I watch a show I normally don't skip anything, I'll just leave it in the background while I do stuff on my laptop or phone if I'm not interested. I don't even usually think to fast forward the adverts, but I'm having to fast forward when Rollins comes out to do the song/promo stuff and the shit dancing, I can't sit through it anymore. This version of him is the worst babyface I have ever seen since I even want chickenshit DomDom to beat him. Previously I wasn't a massive fan or anything, aside from The Shield stuff which was obviously the shit, but none of his previous iterations had this abysmal, transparent fake charisma. I think that's what bothers me the most; I watched an interview by Ariel with him where he says in a very boring voice that the crazy outfits aren't his style at all, just his character. I can tell!! He's a boring bloke who's good at CrossFit and work-rate matches going "look at my zany charisma, I'm a top guy now right?"