The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

6 hours ago, air_raid said:

What on Earth do they do with Roman between SummerSlam - where I assume he's beating an Uso - and Mania? Holding off on Cody beating him will be terrible for both. But they're screwed either way, like when Reigns eventually took the title from Lesnar not at a Mania but in a short match at SummerSlam that nobody remembers. They can do it at the right time on the wrong stage or the right stage and we've waited too long for it. Lightning in a bottle, gone.

Lashley could work as a threat for a few months.

Aj Styles as well could be a challenger or even Sheamus if they want a quick throwaway defence

Realistically none are taking the belt but credible enough challengers

Uso at Summerslam

Take one of Payback/Fastlane off and defend against Sheamus at the other one

Assumed Saudi show and Survivor Series defend against Lashley and AJ

Think there is enough fresh challengers to get through the year and before you know it its back round to Rumble season again

Sure it all seems a bit of a comedown from the Bloodline saga we've had for the best part of a year but outside of Uso challenging think will have to move away slightly from that to get some title defences in.

Tho he hasn't defended the title since Wrestlemania anyway so will be 4 months in between, might as suggested just take time off and won't make any difference

It’s hard to see how they could make any viable challenger hotter than Sami and Cody were. Main event Jey Uso could easily be the next on that list. So while it’s hard to see,  I very much doubt anyone had Sami, Cody and Jey on their bingo cards until they rubbed shoulders with Roman. The booking around him has been impeccable. I thought they might try something where Heyman has the Uso’s moved to Raw and they stick a pin in the Bloodline stuff until revisiting it further down the line but they should probably let it run it’s course and start building something new.

Edited by Mr_Danger

That Seth Rollins shite with the wings was so bad it was destined to be the worst thing on the show… until Ricochet turned up. Good grief. I’m not sure whatever contrived shite they’ve rehearsed for Summerslam is worth the weeks of build to get there.

Show was fine overall. I’m not a huge Judgment Day fan so having them as the glue that held the show together was never going to be for me.

Cody promo was nearly very good, but sort of crumbled a little bit under his wordiness.

It does feel like Raw could do with at least another big name. Maybe Orton.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty decent Raw this week. Felt like my least skimmed since pre 'Mania. 

I really hope the reports that WWE see their long term gain in Judgement Day as similar to what the Bloodline have done for them are true, because if they're far and away the most entertaining act on the show then it makes sense to have them bleeding into every other segment. It's proper nWo running amok on Nitro in 1996 type vibes. I'm not comparing the quality or impact of them, just pointing out that people have wanted the shows to feel more interconnected again for years now as opposed to everyone being cordoned off to their own place on the card. 

Judgement Day feel like they could show up at any given moment and mix it up with anyone. They still have that cartoony wrestling faction identity but are now well written enough to be convincing. Priest seems more confident by the week. Dom's the best pure heel in the game. Ripley - if women's wrestling was still in the doldrums in the WWE - is somebody I think we'd probably be saying should just - fuck it - win the men's top title. Balor's smarmy "Wait, is he that good" shite's actually completely believable and workable in the way he's slithered his way to being sort of kind of the leader of a faction. 

What's more, WWE have recent track record now with long term booking of a main event level faction. I'm actually expecting Judgement Day to get better and better over the next six months to a year and I fully expect them to follow through with it. 

I do hope they switch the belt to Finn at some point. I want them to have an Evolution moment with all the belts. Dom and Rhea as intergender tag champs? Does it make sense? Who cares. 

Agree about the Judgement Day, I was also hoping for an Evolution moment.

A little part of me thought MAYBE the reason they didn't pull the trigger on LA Knight getting the US title match is because they want Rey to go over Theory for the belt. Only for Dirty Dom to tell Damian to cash in on him and take the title. Then have Finn beat Rollins and end the show with them standing tall.

• Paid Members

I think it's pretty moronic to have the briefcase now be valid for any title. If a wrestler DOESN'T cash in on something other than the big belt, it's a redundant change. If they DO, then they're stupid. Lose-lose.

On 7/13/2023 at 11:37 PM, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Possibly not the right thread for this, but  this is where the general “Seth Rollins is shite” chat tends to be. Christ, he’s awful. And Becky needs to sack the stylist.

Do you think the big sports stars in attendance thought it was the section when they let the Special Olympians on to present an award