Mr_Danger Posted July 27, 2023 Posted July 27, 2023 That joke was so bad Seth Rollins wants to wear it at the next PPV. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted August 1, 2023 Posted August 1, 2023 Fucking hell. I mean, the song is doing a lot of the heavy lifting, but that’s incredible. It’s almost a perverse trick shot to be able to make something so good and engaging using source material that is literally based on nothing. Quote
MVP RULZ Posted August 5, 2023 Posted August 5, 2023 https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1687870579112861696?t=hY0HLAC23be45-qGoxEnxw&s=19 Raw Announce team switching again!! When did they have a team that even lasted a year Quote
RIDDUM_N_STYLE Posted August 5, 2023 Posted August 5, 2023 4 hours ago, MVP RULZ said: https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1687870579112861696?t=hY0HLAC23be45-qGoxEnxw&s=19 Raw Announce team switching again!! When did they have a team that even lasted a year It’s needed though in this case, KP is a poor play by play and at times while watching clips of Raw, it comes off that Cory is in that role. At least having Cole with them, they can play the face/heel dynamic as colour comms Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted August 8, 2023 Posted August 8, 2023 You know they’re taking a couple of months off when Nakamura gets a main event go. As much as I think Miz is a hilarious choice to start LA Knight’s push, the segment was actually quite good in terms of facing down the criticisms of Knight and allowing him to shut them down. The fella with the hair from Viking Raiders looks like Shayna Bayzler. Quote
RedRooster Posted August 8, 2023 Posted August 8, 2023 2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said: As much as I think Miz is a hilarious choice to start LA Knight’s push, the segment was actually quite good in terms of facing down the criticisms of Knight and allowing him to shut them down. I’ve never really understood the criticism of Knight’s persona. Wrestling has always recycled what has worked. Carlito was a take on Razor Ramon, JBL was a take on Ted DiBiase, Hulk Hogan took a lot from Billy Graham, Abyss was a Kane rip-off…it happens, and often in short order. It’s been more than two decades since the attitude era, so there will be fans in their early 20s and younger who haven’t even seen the wrestlers he’s taken inspiration from. Quote
Fanny Pack Posted August 8, 2023 Posted August 8, 2023 (edited) Just watched the LA Knight/Miz promo and it reminded me of a similar promo Miz did with Enzo a few years back. Enzo got decapitated by Miz (and rightly so, Enzo deserved it). Miz always goes to the "i was kicked out the locker room" so it was nice to see someone turn it round on him. A thoroughly enjoyable back and forth. Edited August 8, 2023 by Fanny Pack Quote
Fanny Pack Posted August 8, 2023 Posted August 8, 2023 1 hour ago, RedRooster said: I’ve never really understood the criticism of Knight’s persona. Wrestling has always recycled what has worked. Carlito was a take on Razor Ramon, JBL was a take on Ted DiBiase, Hulk Hogan took a lot from Billy Graham, Abyss was a Kane rip-off…it happens, and often in short order. It’s been more than two decades since the attitude era, so there will be fans in their early 20s and younger who haven’t even seen the wrestlers he’s taken inspiration from. I think the "LA Knight is copying The Rock and Austin" noise has come from a vocal minority that others have latched onto. You cant not notice the similarity to The Rock but im not thinking, "hes ripping The Rock off". Nash's comments escalated the agenda against him. Personally I think we have just got to enjoy the LA Knight ride, waiting for a world title which may never materialise will spoil the fun. Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted August 8, 2023 Paid Members Posted August 8, 2023 I just don't get it at all. I find him as generic and identikit a wrestler as they come, just with a nice shoutalong catchphrase - and if there's any lesson to be learned from the Attitude Era, it's that you get any old shit over if the audience get to have a singalong. He reminds me of MJF before he started to really figure everything out - people are so used to stilted, scripted promos that somebody speaking confidently off the cuff stands out as a great talker, when he's not really doing anything on mic or in the ring that's standing out to me as special or exceptional. He's over, and I think they should capitalise on that while they can, but I don't get why. Quote
Fanny Pack Posted August 8, 2023 Posted August 8, 2023 I think its testament to him that he is over with me even though he wears the most awful footwear seen in an wrestling ring. Quote
The King of Old School Posted August 8, 2023 Author Posted August 8, 2023 The crowd seems ready for Rollins vs Rhodes again going off that opening segment. Quote
d-d-d-dAz Posted August 8, 2023 Posted August 8, 2023 7 minutes ago, The King of Old School said: The crowd seems ready for Rollins vs Rhodes again going off that opening segment. I said it before in here, but that could end up being the match. There’s genuine history there, and it’s not as laboured as getting back to Roman/Cody. Hopefully it turns Seth back heel proper, as he’s a shitter face than he is a bad guy. Quote
The King of Old School Posted August 8, 2023 Author Posted August 8, 2023 19 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said: I said it before in here, but that could end up being the match. There’s genuine history there, and it’s not as laboured as getting back to Roman/Cody. Hopefully it turns Seth back heel proper, as he’s a shitter face than he is a bad guy. Completely agree. Rollins vs Rhodes Wrestlemania Night 1 Roman Reigns vs LA Knight Wrestlemania Night 2 Quote
Butch2000 Posted August 8, 2023 Posted August 8, 2023 1 hour ago, Fanny Pack said: I think its testament to him that he is over with me even though he wears the most awful footwear seen in an wrestling ring. I wear the same boots he wore last night so he’s ace. Quote
FUM Posted August 8, 2023 Posted August 8, 2023 I don’t know why they even bother their arse with the draft. They had broken it by the next show this time round and have just ignored it when they fancy ever since. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.