The Official UKFF RAW thread (part 2)...

2 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I just wonder whether Warner/Turner/BT would try and put a bid in for AEW given they've managed to sell out Wembley and I presume they're doing decent numbers on the telly. 

It's an interesting one. On the surface it seems like a decent investment but the brand recognition still isn't there. So I'm not sure if it's a choice between AEW or being able to say you've got WWE whether the latter's name value alone makes more business sense. 

On 6/9/2023 at 9:55 PM, Dr. Alan Grant said:

Sadly, Rollins is doing Jared Leto Joker. Might as well get “freakin’ damaged” tattooed on his forehead.

Oh goddamn it...you're right. Seth Rollins is just as bad as The Joker Fanboy (I refuse to acknowledge Leto as The Joker).

The one good thing about that terrible version is this cartoon.

• Paid Members

Overall - Really enjoyed Raw this week and watched the full show during the morning commute. Lots of good stuff this week. 

👍 KO/Sami vs Imperium - Top patter with the promos earlier in the night and a proper banger of a main event. Further evidence that I was correct in my assessments over the last two weeks - KO/Sami switching from the Bloodline to Imperium is not a step down for them, but a big step up for Imperium. Seriously good quality of output across the night from all four parties. KO getting annoyed at all of the terrible wrestling staples like interruptions are just a bloody delight. Also, Gunther looks right at home in a main event, doesn’t he? He’s going to be a fucking brilliant World champion in no time. 

👍 Cody/Dom/Miz business - All fine and dandy. The atmosphere for Cody vs Dom in London is going to be bloody fantastic. Match between Cody/Miz wasn’t a classic but it was a perfectly fine opener. Cody’s backstage promo later in the night was a tidy little number as well. 

👍 Priest vs Riddle - Crowd were sucked into it down the stretch, which bodes really well for both moving forward. The match was great throughout regardless of the crowd anyway - Priest in particular is killing it at the moment. 

👍 Ricochet vs Bronson Reed - Bronson flattening high-flyers is always fun, especially when you have someone as athletic and as game as Ricochet. Ending was crap and I’m not sure about Ricochet/Nakamura feud. But the match prior was fine and dandy. 

👍 Gable vs Erik - Top patter with Maxine doing the arm drag! Short but sweet, love Alpha Academy. Thank you! 

👎 Seth/Finn exchange - Fuck me, this dragged. I’m not as down on Rollins as others are, and the match itself will be a cracker. But when someone (Finn) says “I’ve waited seven years to tell you something and I’m not going to waste another second!”…only to then wait several seconds and go round in circles afterwards, that doesn’t make for great telly, as mad as the crowd element was. 

👎 Becky/Zoey/Chelsea business - Bit undecided on this one. The Becky/Zoey exchange had a few fluffed lines and the match between Becky/Chelsea was quite short and not very exciting. However, Zoey looks the business - she’s going to greatly benefit from the association with Trish and rubbing shoulders with Becky. 

đź‘Ž Racquel vs Shayna - So much potential for a banger here, but impossible for them to showcase that within three minutes.

10 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It feels as if Cody needing to dethrone Roman is a fading dream… I’m not sure why I’m warming to it, but him beating Seth may just do..

Absolutley.

Keep Cody as far away from Roman as possible. Him defeating Seth and facing Gunther at Mania sounds good to me.

The Roman story should be ending with Jey or Sami claiming the gold at Mania 40.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It feels as if Cody needing to dethrone Roman is a fading dream… I’m not sure why I’m warming to it, but him beating Seth may just do..

2 hours ago, The King of Old School said:

Absolutley.

Keep Cody as far away from Roman as possible. Him defeating Seth and facing Gunther at Mania sounds good to me.

The Roman story should be ending with Jey or Sami claiming the gold at Mania 40.

I don't want to live in a world where the payoff to Roman's Reign is not crowning the next "face of the company" - and Cody should be that face. To be the man, you beat the man. He needs to win the real belt by beating the real champ, I don't want him winning the WWE Conference League.

Becky has really fallen off badly since I was last watching closely in 2020 huh? Fluffed lines aside, she kept going all high-pitched in her promo for no reason. She sounded proper goofy and rubbish. Dreadful segment and boring match too.

On the plus side, Imperium can really do no wrong. Brilliant every week - please don't break them up like they're hinting at. Super impressed with Owens and Zayn as well - have been fed a lot of shit in their times with the company and I assumed they would be midcard 4 life. They come off like genuine superstars though and have really enhanced those tag belts. The fat lad from ROH and the guy who pretends to be a luchadore in this spot! Wrestling is class.

Gunther has looked disappointed with the performance of Ludwig on a few occasions now. Maybe I'm reading too much into it and that's just what the dynamic of that group is like, I have only recently started watching again after all. I did see an older clip from a year ago of Gunther chopping Ludwig and Ludwig just taking it, so hopefully that mean bastard top dog dynamic Gunther has stays around. I am just used to WWE breaking everybody up all the time, so that's where anything like that feels like it's heading.

20 hours ago, air_raid said:

I don't want to live in a world where the payoff to Roman's Reign is not crowning the next "face of the company" - and Cody should be that face. To be the man, you beat the man. He needs to win the real belt by beating the real champ, I don't want him winning the WWE Conference League.

That man is Jey Uso.

The man pisses charisma, and doesn't need to wear a suit and say ridiculous big words that don't mean anything to get it across.

Becky has been a tough watch since she came back, she barely makes any sense - I feel like she's trying to cut promos with some Conor McGregor style shtick and its just lazy. Although the feud with Trish was good, looking forward to that rubber match at Summerslam.  

On 6/15/2023 at 8:33 AM, The King of Old School said:

That man is Jey Uso.

The man pisses charisma, and doesn't need to wear a suit and say ridiculous big words that don't mean anything to get it across.

You're just naming gimmicks, and wrestling's all gimmicks. It's like saying Austin shouldn't have needed beer and middle fingers. Jey's top drawer but when kids make signs for him and want photos with him like they do with Cody then we'll talk. Until then there's only one next guy. 

• Paid Members

Overall - Absolute belter of a Raw this week with a strong crowd, great matches and some smashing build towards MITB in London. Certainly brightened up a pretty miserable commute to work this morning with the mad weather and train delays. 

👍 Cody/KO/Sami vs Judgement Day - You are looking at the Raw modern equivalent of 2002’s Smackdown Six. Top main event from all performers who are absolutely bossing the show at the moment. The KO/Sami narrative throughout the night was a comedy delight, Judgement Day kept bringing it through the whole show, and Cody’s just a bloody delight isn’t he? Absolutely terrific stuff and a fine way to close a really good show. 

👍 Also please tell me that Cody and Tozowa are about to start a beautiful bromance together, because it would really want my cockles. Nice cameo and I hope there’s something more to this rather than a  one off - Tozowa’s ace. 

👍 Rollins get twatted - Perfect way to start the show. I was about to moan about another long and drawn out Seth singalong, only for Finn Balor to come out and beat the living daylights out of him. It was calculated, vicious and perfectly executed. A hot start for a crowd that we’re bang up for everything this evening. I also like Seth’s short promo later in the night and I also enjoyed Bron Breaker’s cameo appearance. 

đź‘Ť Ciampa vs Miz - Further continuation of a strong start with a return and a good contest. Good to see Ciampa back in the mixer.

👍 Logan Paul - That was as close to a Logan baby face promo as we’re ever likely to get - he still got boo’ed but he also still managed to win over some of his fellow locals! Brilliant addition to the match. What a treat for those descending on the 02. 

đź‘Ť Riddle vs Kaiser - Decent and hard-hitting. Nasty post-match beatdown with Gunther in tow as well.

👍 Alpha Academy vs Viking Raiders - Loving Alpha Academy more and more each week. Top patter. 

👍 Rhea twats Natalya - Exactly what it needed to be. 

👍 Racquel vs Trish - Good! Fun dynamic. Becky comes across as a bit of a tosspot for inadvertently costing Racquel, otherwise this was fine. Also, Mami vs Big Mommy Cool? That’s got potential.

👎 Green/Deville vs Katana/Chance - Too short to be of much note but it wasn’t completely terrible. 

👎 Indus Sher vs ex-Hurt Business - Another boring Indus squash. Skip! 

👎 Shinsuke Nakamura vs Bronson Reed - This is becoming a problem now with Nakamura - he’s only capable of having good matches with far more experienced and technically sound opponents. Bronson only seems capable of looking impressive when battering little guys. This didn’t click.

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

Why was chelsea Green upset at the video package that aired with her in the Gym having a tantrum and throwing coffee over that guy in the car? I thought it was amazing. She plays this new character so well. I saw a tweet saying that she does not give anyone permission to use her likeness and I just thought it was part of her new gimmick. Is there any more to it then that?