Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted September 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 22, 2025 I'm not hopeful for the Edgar Wright version of The Running Man because he's been shit for ages (aside from the Sparks documentary) but it does have a really good cast. Quote
Paid Members Bellenda Carlisle Posted September 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 22, 2025 On 9/19/2025 at 10:37 AM, Devon Malcolm said: Caught Stealing (cinema) Vincent d'Onofrio and Liev Schreiber as a pair of Hasidic gangsters? Absolutely. I loved them, completely stole the film for me I would happily watch multiple spinoff films of their characters. Quote
cobra_gordo Posted September 22, 2025 Posted September 22, 2025 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: I'm not hopeful for the Edgar Wright version of The Running Man because he's been shit for ages (aside from the Sparks documentary) but it does have a really good cast. I still think I'll go and see it but I've got an awful feeling it will have his usual tropes but done to an unbearable level. I love Baby Driver but by the third act it really starts to be a slog. Like, yep, I get it, you can time gunshots to a song from the 70s, well done. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted September 22, 2025 Posted September 22, 2025 (edited) I said it last time I watched The Running Man a few months back, one of Arnold’s absolute best. I like @cobra_gordo’s idea of getting the beers & snacks in for a 3 Arnie Movie marathon, and my picks would be The Running Man, Commando and Total Recall. Obviously we all love Predator, it’s amazing, but I feel like that’s a more ensemble cast movie rather than specifically focused on Arnie. Of course he’s the big star, but you’ve also got Carl Weathers, Bill Duke, Jesse Ventura et al putting in great turns. Wont be seeing Edgar Wright’s Running Man until it hits the streamers though, mainly just to see David Zayas. I don’t like Wright’s films at the best of times and he seems like he’d be an annoying know it all if you ever met him in person, but it just seems completely unnecessary Edited September 22, 2025 by WyattSheepMask Quote
Paid Members WeeAl Posted September 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 22, 2025 35 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: I like @cobra_gordo’s idea of getting the beers & snacks in for a 3 Arnie Movie marathon, and my picks would be The Running Man, Commando and Total Recall. Oddly enough I was watching Red Heat last night when my brother walked in and asked me this very question. I thought briefly and went with True Lies, Commando & Predator. He did quiz me on leaving out T1 or T2 though. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 22, 2025 Moderators Posted September 22, 2025 I'd go Last Action Hero, T2 and Total Recall. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted September 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 22, 2025 It's Predator, Commando and T2. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 22, 2025 Members Posted September 22, 2025 Commando, Kindergarten Cop* and T2. *Got to have some laughs innit? Quote
Paid Members Sergio Mendacious Posted September 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 22, 2025 Commando, Predator, and Terminator the First Quote
Paid Members FLips Posted September 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 22, 2025 I echo @Sergio Mendacious. That would be my three as well. Quote
davertfnewman Posted September 22, 2025 Posted September 22, 2025 Not in my top three, but you've got to watch Pumping Iron and Conan the Barbarian. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted September 22, 2025 Moderators Posted September 22, 2025 Paging @John Matrix Quote
Paid Members mim731 Posted September 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 22, 2025 1 hour ago, Devon Malcolm said: It's Predator, Commando and T2. The correct answer. Quote
Paid Members Lorne Malvo Posted September 22, 2025 Paid Members Posted September 22, 2025 Jingle All The Way three times. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted September 23, 2025 Posted September 23, 2025 Mortal Thoughts Decent early 90s neo-noir. Demi Moore is the best friend of a wife who is pushed too far and does the unthinkable. Or does she? Told in flashback as Moore's character is interrogated by surly cop Harvey Keitel. I had no issue with this as I love this type of film from this time period and Alan Rudolph is a decent director. Bruce Willis gives a tremendous shithead performance as the awful husband, too. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.