Paid Members FLips Posted February 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 11, 2025 Out For Justice Convinced the wife to watch a Steven Seagal film with me and found a copy of the full film on Youtube. If you have a spare 10 minutes to see why it didn’t go to plan then watch the start of this. I was midway through explaining he had wonky hand to hand combat in Under Seige too before we realised what happened. Quote
Paid Members gmoney Posted February 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 11, 2025 (edited) Out For Justice is probably my favourite Segal movie that isn't Under Siege. Excellent violence, incredible bad guy in William Forsythe and one scene in particular that makes me laugh my knackers off. Edited February 11, 2025 by gmoney Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted February 11, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 11, 2025 I enjoyed Hard To Kill more than most, but that was largely down to Kelly LeBrock during her run as the most gorgeous woman on Earth. Quote
SaitoRyo Posted February 12, 2025 Posted February 12, 2025 Slayground Early 80s crime thriller loosely based on a Donald Westlake potboiler. It's one of those grimy, noirish films where there are no real good guys, just liars, thieves and criminals. There's a slasher film element to it and half the film takes place in the US and half in the UK, ending up in an empty amusement park. There's some decent visuals in there and they make good use of location, but it's fairly bleak and the score is off-putting at times. Nothing you need to see, but might be one for fans of obscure 80s crime films. Quote
Paid Members johnnyboy Posted February 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 14, 2025 (edited) Did a Bridget America double bill. Bridget Jones Mad About the Boy had some very touching moments, sleazy lech version of Hugh Grant, and Diet Coke advert homage. The packed screening of 50+ year old women I was part of had a whale of a time, as did I. Captain America felt like Winter Soldier, Civil War, and The Incredible Hulk stitched together. Loved Mackie and some of the decisions his Cap made which he struggled with... Spoiler E.g. not going on the supe gas Entirely serviceable but I'm not sure I buy this as the start of a new wave. The MCU is too fragmented now. Edited February 14, 2025 by johnnyboy Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 14, 2025 Memoir of a Snail (cinema) Disappointing. First thing I've seen from Adam Elliot and while I loved the stop-motion style, this is too determined to be miserable and bleak for its bits of humour to ever have the chance to be funny. Excellent voice work but not for me. The Gorge (it's on Apple but that's not where I watched it) I'm still annoyed when I don't get the chance to see these blockbusters that are aimed solely at me at the cinema. Very enjoyable with a neat gimmick. Anya Taylor-Joy speaks Lithuanian, uses a chainsaw and dances to Blitzkreig Bop among other things. Bring Them Down (cinema) Amazingly bleak but terrific Irish thriller about a pair of feuding farmer families. Barry Keoghan excellent as ever, Christopher Abbott even better, Colm Meaney best of all. Brace yourself though, it's hard viewing. Night Call (2024) Superb French-Belgian action-thriller about a locksmith who gets caught up with a murderous drug gang during BLM protests. I love through-the-night thrillers like this and this was one of the best examples of them I've seen. Would recommend this to anyone. The Executioner (1963) Brilliant Spanish black comedy about a guy who accepts a job as a public executioner so he can keep hold of his father-in-law's house on a public servant benefit. Just my sense of humour, really, but one of the best films I've watched for ages. Executive Decision (Netflix) Deserves to be talked about more when we have conversations about the best 1990s actioners, even though there hundreds of great ones. And not just for THAT scene. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted February 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 14, 2025 Heart Eyes Ahh I wanted to like this. I love a slasher and I love seeing a new IP slasher when there are so many remakes and reboots and sequels. Rom-coms are my falling asleep guilty pleasure. I fall into both target audiences for this but this genre mash up did not work for me at all. They didn't meld the elements together in a way that worked OR juxtapose them in a way that was funny or entertaining. It was a by the numbers slasher and a crap rom com sort of awkwardly happening alongside each other with some very ropey comedy that mostly didn't land for me. I didn't find Cuba Gooding Junior Junior or Olivia Holt particularly likeable either, which you need to for the romcom bit to work at least. The Heart Eyes design is neat and there were some decent kills, otherwise this was not good. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 14, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 14, 2025 27 minutes ago, JLM said: Heart Eyes Ahh I wanted to like this. I love a slasher and I love seeing a new IP slasher when there are so many remakes and reboots and sequels. Rom-coms are my falling asleep guilty pleasure. I fall into both target audiences for this but this genre mash up did not work for me at all. They didn't meld the elements together in a way that worked OR juxtapose them in a way that was funny or entertaining. It was a by the numbers slasher and a crap rom com sort of awkwardly happening alongside each other with some very ropey comedy that mostly didn't land for me. I didn't find Cuba Gooding Junior Junior or Olivia Holt particularly likeable either, which you need to for the romcom bit to work at least. The Heart Eyes design is neat and there were some decent kills, otherwise this was not good. I was going to see this today but I didn't fancy being the only one in the screening for this particular film on my own so I went to see Memoir of a Snail instead. And that wasn't good. I got a nice hoodie from TK Maxx though. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted February 14, 2025 Posted February 14, 2025 Kinda Pregnant. Amy Schumer Netflix original comedy. It’s absolutely dreadful. I think I laughed once. It’s early doors, but the worst film of 2025 may be in the books already. Annoying characters, plot holes galore, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Only seek it out if you hate yourself, as I clearly do. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted February 15, 2025 Posted February 15, 2025 8 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: Amy Schumer Wasn't that enough of a warning to go and smash your head against a wall instead? Quote
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted February 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 15, 2025 On 2/11/2025 at 1:27 AM, Bellenda Carlisle said: All of Seagal's films before Under Siege are worth watching. Marked for Death and Out for Justice are my faves. He's got a few fun ones after as well but dozens of bottom of the barrel ones. Out for Justice is the best movie in his filmography, also features one of the most underrated villain turns of all time in William Forsythe's Richie Madano. this man is a prick. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted February 15, 2025 Members Posted February 15, 2025 9 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: Kinda Pregnant. Amy Schumer Netflix original comedy. It’s absolutely dreadful. I think I laughed once. It’s early doors, but the worst film of 2025 may be in the books already. Annoying characters, plot holes galore, no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Only seek it out if you hate yourself, as I clearly do. Sounds right up my street! Quote
Paid Members BigJag Posted February 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 15, 2025 https://youtu.be/PyYbv_qtKj8?si=xegPS-jdz86xEq70 I watched that last night. Fun little romantic story of life in pre-partion Punjab. Punjabi cinema has a habit of casting famous folk singers in leading roles. The male lead of this film is Satinder Sartaaj. Who's a huge star in Punjabi folk music. He's not the greatest actor but does ok. His female co-star is Neeru Bajwa. She's probably the most prominent actress in Punjabi cinema. The lead character falls in love with his music teachers daughter and the story develops from there. Quote
Dr. Alan Grant Posted February 15, 2025 Posted February 15, 2025 3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said: Wasn't that enough of a warning to go and smash your head against a wall instead? Trainwreck was pretty decent from what I remember. But I am in the process of watching all the Resident Evil films, so it’s possible I’m not in the right frame of mind to be choosing what to watch. It could be a cry for help. Quote
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted February 15, 2025 Paid Members Posted February 15, 2025 3 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said: But I am in the process of watching all the Resident Evil films Please don't do this. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.