WHAT PLAY YOU!? Version 3.0

TildeGuy~!

I often find myself sitting down to play a game fairly late at night after I have worked, walked the dogs, been to the gym etc. Almost without fail I find myself wanting to go to bed within about 45 mins to an hour.

Basically what I am saying is that I feel like the demands of modern life are pushing me towards getting a Steam Deck.

@RedRooster One hell of a list there. I really liked the look of Unmetal, Chained Echoes, A Short Hike and Reventure, so I’ll be sure to get those. But I added the entire list to my Wishlist for when they have price drops. 

The Humble Bundle is a great idea, but even better than that was the mystery bundle on Fanatical. 10 random games for £6.99. Anything from old games to Hogwarts Legacy if you’re lucky. Holy shit, I think I’d get addicted to buying a mystery pack. 

I’ve been playing Grounded recently, and found that my favourite part of the game was building bases and foraging/farming for materials. I’ve been looking for something similar, just a nice calming game where I can build stuff and not have to worry about other players robbing me or burning my house down. I tried Minecraft, but couldn’t get on with it. 

• Paid Members

Has anyone downloaded the DLSS update for Cyberpunk?

Well don't, as it's bricked my game and even the new GOG launcher is stuck at verifying the download - because even though the game has crashed it still shows up as an active process in Task Manager (but not until you close GOG launcher).

Edited by seph

18 minutes ago, seph said:

Has anyone downloaded the DLSS update for Cyberpunk?

Well don't, as it's bricked my game and even the new GOG launcher is stuck at verifying the download - because even though the game has crashed it still shows up as an active process in Task Manager (but not until you close GOG launcher).

I saw it having issues with people not on the latest GPU drivers, could help to check them.

Pinch of salt, I know, but Hogwarts Legacy is currently in the high 80s on Metacritic on PS5 and Series S/X.

I'd have taken some 7/10s, bugs and a heavy proviso that you'd really need to be a Harry Potter fan to dig it. 

I know there's a lot of discourse out there about it because of Rowling, but to be honest I'm going straight into this like a pig in shit this week and getting hooked on it with a childish glee I don't get for many games anymore. 

10 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Pinch of salt, I know, but Hogwarts Legacy is currently in the high 80s on Metacritic on PS5 and Series S/X.

I'd have taken some 7/10s, bugs and a heavy proviso that you'd really need to be a Harry Potter fan to dig it. 

I know there's a lot of discourse out there about it because of Rowling, but to be honest I'm going straight into this like a pig in shit this week and getting hooked on it with a childish glee I don't get for many games anymore. 

Yeah my girlfriend bought her Xbox X today so she can play it asap. She has been waiting years for this and seems more excited than I was about RDR2. I’ll be paying half over time but I’m still happy power washing Croft Manor and getting annihilated on Battlefield 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

Looking forward to hearing what people think on here

Same here, from the videos it looks decent. I'm a sucker for open world games and I've been looking forward to this for a while, it's also something my 13yo could really sink her teeth into as she's a big Harry Potter fan. 

9 hours ago, Dr. Alan Grant said:

My Steam Deck arrived today. It’s a beautiful little thing. Really good sound quality. It’s comfortable and the button layout is good. I’ve got the Steam store and the world of emulators at my fingertips, so of course I’m playing Vampire Survivors.

This is exactly what I did for the first few months of owning the Deck...I couldn't get enough of the damn game. 

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, TildeGuy~! said:

IGN reviews are the worst (Gameranx Before You Buy series is much better) but I watched that one and the tweet is a bit unfair to be honest. 
I’m looking forward to the game but keeping expectations pretty low!