Cornette's idiotic opinions

seph

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

Totally agree about the stupid bumps & raising of the bar, when it comes to high risks.

But Cornette more or less said he would approve of him bleeding to death. I am still a fan of Cornette, but i lost a bit of respect off the back of that comment.

Yeah that's very tasteless to say the least. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PowerButchi said:

He should stuck to that as whenever he has an opinion or starts ranting it's fucking terrible like a real life funeral whenever he opens his mouth. 

It's like a real life whatever the fuck.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, poetofthedeed said:

But he's probably made more money being a cunt than he did as a manager. 

I don't think he can tell the difference any more.

3 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

Cornette has his place. As a historian he is second to none and is marvellous in his deep dive pieces. He should stuck to that as whenever he has an opinion or starts ranting it's fucking terrible like a real life funeral whenever he opens his mouth. 

I'll echo that his deep dive pieces are great. I listen to some of his podcasts and much prefer him talking about classic wrestling rather than current WWE or AEW, although since I don't watch either of them that may be part of it. 

Definitely don't agree with his Becky Lynch comments though. He does backtrack on his comments on some rare occasions, wonder if this will be one of them.

13 minutes ago, RoryFice said:

I'll echo that his deep dive pieces are great. I listen to some of his podcasts and much prefer him talking about classic wrestling rather than current WWE or AEW, although since I don't watch either of them that may be part of it. 

Agree with the above.

I did however laugh at his recent review of WWE Money in the Bank were Jim concluded that every single person associated with that show was on drugs!

It was the way he said it. A really sad sounding voice, i could almost picture him with a tear in his eye because he has finally given up on the last two people at the WWE that he had faith in.

• Paid Members

Cornette is a poster boy for men aged 40+ who refuse to acknowledge that everything moves with the times. He's not a total idiot unlike the vast majority of the men who follow him because he's cultivated his wrestling myopia into a nice little earner and a way to stay somewhat heard of in wrestling without actually being directly involved in it.

But he is an idiot in some ways because only an idiot would so desperately crave the return of the wrestling he grew up with, get a job with a promotion that embraced a retro style to a degree, and then get fired from it within a couple of months.

Like Butch said, he's a valuable wrestling historian but much like Dave Meltzer, so moronically set in his ways about certain things that he shouldn't be taken seriously on anything.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

22 hours ago, Suplex Sinner said:

His remarks about Dana Brooke were dreadful too. I have no idea what he's trying to achieve by being such a throbber to folks. It's tactless.

Was that the part wheree hee said she looked like her face had been set on fire and then put out with an axe?!

I’ve got to be honest, I’ve never understood Cornette’s cult-like status. An unhinged gob on a stick that ceases to be amusing once you’ve listened to more than one or two diatribes. His booking ideas are usually 35 years out of date (see his shoot on rebooking Wrestlemania 17) with no understanding of the importance of popular culture and social media for entertainment companies of the scale of the WWE. It’s not like he’s been this game changing figure, either. He ran SMW which was at times amusing and it arguably got some talent like Kane and Chris Jericho noticed but what else? He was a decent manager? I’m struggling beyond that.

33 minutes ago, AVM said:

I’ve got to be honest, I’ve never understood Cornette’s cult-like status.

He was one of the loudest and most prominent voice on shoot interviews when they started coming out. The shoot interview scene was basically Jim Cornette and a bunch of junkies from ECW. He'd also started his gimmick while he was still in the WWF and they used to let him do his rants on Raw. At the time as well, Jim had been on WWF creative and wasn't really noted as the sort of fuck-up who can't keep a job. His reputation was as a true protector of real wrestling, who couldn't co-exist with the Hollywood phonies in wrestling who are ruining the sport. He was always given preferential treatment by Meltzer.

In the post-WCW world, Cornette was fairly in tune with the average Internet wrestling fan's opinion - Fed Bad, Russo Bad, Territories Good, Kevin Dunn Bad, Our Great Sport is Serious Business, Workrate Good, Gimmicky Stuff Bad, etc.The Russo obsession, and its overlap with hating modern wrestling, created his cult. He became the voice of the angry Internet fan, able to express the bizarre level of rage that the fan couldn't put into words. Didn't give two shits about burning bridges and happy to rant about anything, he made his mark as a rent-a-Gob.

He fucked it up a bit for himself over the years though, through TNA and ROH. And then particularly when AEW came along and he wasn't drinking the Kool-Aid, he was fucked. Then the pandemic came along and he's had huge meltdowns about everything. Currently, his Internet stock is absolutely volatile. It'll drop like a stone after he slates Dynamite, then it'll pick up if he reviews SmackDown, and then it'll go super high when he rages after a WWE PPV or Raw, up until he reviews the next Dynamite.

59 minutes ago, AVM said:

I’ve got to be honest, I’ve never understood Cornette’s cult-like status. An unhinged gob on a stick that ceases to be amusing once you’ve listened to more than one or two diatribes. His booking ideas are usually 35 years out of date (see his shoot on rebooking Wrestlemania 17) with no understanding of the importance of popular culture and social media for entertainment companies of the scale of the WWE. It’s not like he’s been this game changing figure, either. He ran SMW which was at times amusing and it arguably got some talent like Kane and Chris Jericho noticed but what else? He was a decent manager? I’m struggling beyond that.

He bought up Orton, Cena, Lesnar and Batista amongst others. That isn't a bad resume. I dont think you realise how utterly hated he was as aa manager. You could say the same thing about Heenan and Co.