Cornette's idiotic opinions

seph

• Paid Members

Sticking this in here as I woudln't say it's "Top" Twitter. Corny can fuck off for a while.

1 hour ago, seph said:

Sticking this in here as I woudln't say it's "Top" Twitter. Corny can fuck off for a while.

Ā 

Ā  Hide contents

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I listened to that audio last night, I understand his confusion about why a big earner would leave to have kids (especially if he donā€™t have any himself and how obsessed with wrestling he is.) How he made his point was totally gross and made for uncomfortable listening. Comparing it to if Austin had intentionally brokeĀ his leg at the top of his run was batshit crazy.Ā 
Now is actually a greatĀ time for her to step away for a while if the empty arena shows end up carrying on for a long time. The only negative I can see is if one day Ronda and Becky end up having a battle of the Moms.

Plus the older you are, the more difficult things are like getting pregnant and the pregnancies themselves etc. So it's easy enough to tell a woman to put it off for a few years but that's really not an easy decision knowing the potential risks. But obviously he's Cornette so doesn't give a shit.

Cornette is beyond awful. Pure rent-a-gob who's a shard of glass away from being the main character in that Fifteen Million Merits episode of Black Mirror. I don't know how anyone can listen to him for more than five minutes unless they hate their ear drums and their own sanity.Ā 

Old Corny clearly missed the fact that so many women in wrestling have returned to the ring after having kids. Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Trish Stratus, Brie Bella (albeit horrifically), Angelina Love to name 5, then you have women like Stephanie McMahon who was never even that competent enough but still got in the ring twice in recent years after having 3 kids

"How would you feel if your wife said she wasn't going to earn $1,000,000 next year?"

I'd support her wishes. Especially if we already had a couple of million in the bank from her years being on top AND the fact that as Seth Rollins I doubt money was an issue.

I'm currently enjoying life with a 5 month old and my wife isn't working. Income has practically halved, but if my wife wanted to stay at home for longer I'm all for it. It's called sacrifice and only having $1,000,000 come into the household instead of $2,000,000 isn't that big a deal.

I love listening to Cornette, but fuck me, what a tool.

• Paid Members

The financial part jumped out at me as well. Fucking hell. You'd think her fiance was struggling at a minimum wage job and not one of WWE's top guys for the best part of a decade.

I looked up Cornette's thoughts on Punk walking out......to do absolutely nothing and he was all for it. Said he wished he could afford to do the same thing. Bit of a double standard there.

It's hilarious that the people defending him are doing the "Cornette's the best. He's got all you marks talking about him!" bit even though stupid shit like this is the reason that no one will hire him. It'dĀ also be scarily close to the sort of nonsense that he's spent years ripping on Vince Russo for.

1 hour ago, andrew "the ref" coyne said:

I love listening to Cornette, but fuck me, what a tool.

I too love listening to Cornette & regarding his views purely on wrestling, i do more or less agree with him even if his delivery is questionable.

The one time i did have a problem with Cornette was when G-Raver got badly hurt in a match. Cornette was vile towards him, showing zero sympathy & it had nothing to do with the trademark infringements he is fighting himĀ against.

I had the pleasure of meeting G-Raver & he came across as a really nice guy & did not deserve the venom thrown in his direction by Cornette, just because heĀ did not like his style of wrestling. Not only did RaverĀ nearly die & lose the use of his arm, it left him in massive debt & with no work in both wrestling & being a tattoo artist.

3 hours ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Old Corny clearly missed the fact that so many women in wrestling have returned to the ring after having kids. Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, Trish Stratus, Brie Bella (albeit horrifically), Angelina Love to name 5, then you have women like Stephanie McMahon who was never even that competent enough but still got in the ring twice in recent years after having 3 kids

But did any of them walk away while arguably the top star regardless of gender in the business? Cornette plays to the fucking morons who think the stories of the "boys" running a train on a air hostess who's been ghbd into oblivion as the "good ole days", but usually there's a kernel of a point in what he's saying, but he's probably made more money being a cunt than he did as a manager.Ā 

Itā€™s not like sheā€™s gonna earnĀ nothing while away, can see them using her lots for Media etc and get over how caring they are to whitewash over the pandemic firingsĀ 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Lord-Mountevans said:

I too love listening to Cornette & regarding his views purely on wrestling, i do more or less agree with him even if his delivery is questionable.

The one time i did have a problem with Cornette was when G-Raver got badly hurt in a match. Cornette was vile towards him, showing zero sympathy & it had nothing to do with the trademark infringements he is fighting himĀ against.

I had the pleasure of meeting G-Raver & he came across as a really nice guy & did not deserve the venom thrown in his direction by Cornette, just because heĀ did not like his style of wrestling. Not only did RaverĀ nearly die & lose the use of his arm, it left him in massive debt & with no work in both wrestling & being a tattoo artist.

Not condoning any comments Cornette has made regarding this or anything (I haven't heard them) but to be fair G Raver bumps like an absolute fucking maniac with a death wish. A very serious injury was sadly inevitable.Ā 

2 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Not condoning any comments Cornette has made regarding this or anything (I haven't heard them) but to be fair G Raver bumps like an absolute fucking maniac with a death wish. A very serious injury was sadly inevitable.Ā 

Totally agree about the stupid bumps & raising of the bar, when it comes to high risks.

But Cornette more or less said he would approve of him bleeding to death. I am still a fan of Cornette, but i lost a bit of respect off the back of that comment.

• Moderators

Cornette has his place. As a historian he is second to none and is marvellous in his deep dive pieces. He should stuck to that as whenever he has an opinion or starts ranting it's fucking terrible like a real life funeral whenever he opens his mouth.Ā