Petty Annoyances

3 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

WrestleMania 13 was in ROSEMONT, Illinois and not Chicago or even "suburban Chicago". Likewise the previous year, Anaheim is nowhere near LA so why the Hollywood theme?

Nah, I can understand doing that. The wider world isn’t as clued in on US Cities and their suburbs, and saying you’re emanating from the City makes your show look bigger than if your coming from just outside it. You could run a show in Aurora, Illinois, but inless you’ve seen Wayne’s World anytime recently, chances are people arn’t  going to know that it’s a suburb of Chicago despite being 40 odd miles away. Likewise when AEW ran All In and All Out From “Chicago”, they were closer to Hoffman Estates, which is even further away than Rosemont, but they (and rightfully so) projected the image of running the big City

King of the Ring 93 they kept saying they were in “the heartland of America” rather than saying they were in Dayton, Ohio because the supposedly conjured up such a small time image. ROH used to do it when they would say they were coming from “the Boston area”, that covers a hell of a lot of ground, but people will at least have an idea of where Boston is

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 hours ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

WrestleMania 13 was in ROSEMONT, Illinois and not Chicago or even "suburban Chicago". Likewise the previous year, Anaheim is nowhere near LA so why the Hollywood theme?

I think that whole theme was based around Piper and Goldust. Goldust was billed from Hollywood California the central region of LA

It always baffled me that when wrestling was presented as "real" in the World of Sport era, that a punch could get you disqualified & the crowd went mental, but headbutts were always deemed legal ?

It was like a headbutt is in no way as much of a villainous act as a sly punch behind the ref's back? Yet in the real world of physical altercations a headbutt or punch could be equally as effective at really fucking your opponent up? With neither of those forms of aggression really being "wrestling".

When two opponents who've been wrestling either together or alongside one another for years have a "feeling out process".

Usually involving nervous chain-wrestling with tons of daylight, because one of them saw Tanahashi do it.

Just fucking launch at each other already.

3 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

When two opponents who've been wrestling either together or alongside one another for years have a "feeling out process".

Usually involving nervous chain-wrestling with tons of daylight, because one of them saw Tanahashi do it.

Just fucking launch at each other already.

Absolutely! The Rock and Austin used to do the staredown and just lay into each other such as in the 01 Rumble and Survivor Series 01. 

The pause for reaction promos they do these days annoy me feeling very disjointed. Also a regular one in never having the main event set as logically if you are running a wrestling show you would always have a main event scheduled but often it's made up in the 30 minute opening promo. Add another match on by all means but have some organisation! 

• Paid Members

I find it a bit jarring when a commentator sells the move on commentary by raising their voice at the moment of impact like they can feel it.

I'm sure it can be done subtly to great effect but whoever the Michael cole clone on raw is is the worst for it and does it constantly; "and he hits him with the poweERSLAM"

6 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Top rope moves where the opponent lying on the mat moves out of the way and the lad doing the flying lands so far away that he wouldn't have hit the move anyway.

This I can kind of forgive, but grabbing your lying opponent's arm and ankle and pulling them into position pisses me off. If you can move your opponent around like that without him fighting back, just pin him.

It's one of the things I liked about RVD's Five Star Frogsplash - he frequently seemed to pick the nearest, wrong, turnbuckle and have to adjust his angle in mid-air. It added an extra bit of excitement, about whether he'll actually be able to hit it, and kept the sense of natural flow and spontaneity that any moving of your prone opponent kills. Test in his Macho Elbow phase did similar - I swear he'd pick the furthest turnbuckle just to see if he could make it.

21 hours ago, scratchdj said:

The way Michael Cole says "WWE".

When Vince says WWE it always sounds like dub dub eee.  Other annoyances are when JBL couldn't say Michael properly, it always sounded like Maggle Cole.

Two things for me.....the way guys take a move and conveniently shuffle into the position to take the next move, like when they fall off the ropes sideways and just happen to land right where they need. As said above, at least RVD made it look like he improvised once he got up top. 

the second is the blatant waiting for spots. I really noticed it with MITB during the 4-way tag. There were points where the guys were looking up at their opponents and visibly waiting for them to jump. We all know it’s planned etc, but they could at least try to hide that fact. Sometimes it’s too blatant what they are up to. 

Edited by NorthSeaTiger