Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

30 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Then they need to be changing that, it solves nothing to kick a tenant out based on 2 months arrears, to then have to have the bank repo the house, they then cant sell. 

For the sake of saying two months off all round.

Buy to let landlords can get to fuck.  They don't provide housing, they steal housing.  Fuck them.

4 hours ago, Chris B said:

Does anyone know many people who are just not taking this all seriously at all?

Found out my uncle/aunt aren't just not bothering with precautions - they took my nan to the pub on Sunday She's 88 and has chronic lung issues, and the rest of the family is fucking furious. When someone spoke to my uncle, he argued 'you don't know what it's like around here, you can't just stop everything' (like Stockport is a special case). When he was asked if he thought this was all a lot of fuss over nothing, he said 'Yeah, I really think it is'.

So yeah, other than my nan dying on him, anyone else struggling to convince people that, yes, they need to take this seriously?

Oh god. I dont mind idiots killing themselves with stupidity but not the old folk. 

• Paid Members
49 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Buy to let landlords can get to fuck.  They don't provide housing, they steal housing.  Fuck them.

Lets hope they dont "fuck them" or soon as the people stop paying rent they will evict in order to carry on paying the mortgage. If you hate them all fine but the truth is they are there. 

I expected backlash soon as i posted about renting to students so no bother to me if you think i stole a house

Edited by quote the raven

They've literally got a spare house.  Fuck them.  The reason people have to rent from them is because the cunts buy the houses that renters can't.  They buy the property as an investment so I hope their investment tanks.  Fucking parasites.

Lets hope they dont "fuck them" or soon as the people stop paying rent they will evict in order to carry on paying the mortgage. 

Be nice to me or I'll make people homeless is not the rhetoric of someone who I'm going to take out of the fuck them category

Or if your point is simply if people stop paying rent they'll get evicted so their landlords can "pay their mortgages" that can be frozen due to national crisis. Fuck them

EDIT: I suspect somethings gotten a bit lost in translation cos the post done whilst I was typing seems to agree. Problems with typed out messages innit, can be mistyped or misread

Edited by organizedkaos

• Moderators

Surely the specific example he's just given is a very valid reason why the tenant has no interest in buying the house? Student housing..? There are other reasons why people might prefer to rent than own so whilst it's definitely s problem in this country it's not as cut and dried as you're making out. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

They've literally got a spare house.  Fuck them.  The reason people have to rent from them is because the cunts buy the houses that renters can't.  They buy the property as an investment so I hope their investment tanks.  Fucking parasites.

Not really going to fight over your beliefs, but maybe the students having houses to rent in major uni towns might beg to differ.

If you dont see the reasoning to allowing them to pass on mortgage breaks to the tenants, and you would rather they got evicted in an effort to teach them a lesson then no point bringing it up again.

From what ive read a few others here wouldn't hesitate to pass this on if need be 

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, organizedkaos said:

Be nice to me or I'll make people homeless is not the rhetoric of someone who I'm going to take out of the fuck them category

Or if your point is simply if people stop paying rent they'll get evicted so their landlords can "pay their mortgages" that can be frozen due to national crisis. Fuck them

Try reading the fucking post. Im putting up with being called endless names here to explain that they need to pass the mortgage relief to landlords in the event the tenants cant pay............so they dont have to evict......Keith says FUCK EM...... in which case the landlords will face the choice evict of lose the house.

Edit if you even bothered to look at the post i quoted you will see banks are not offering any kind of payment hoilday for buy to let...

Edited by quote the raven
Just got more pissed off an typed more

This really is showing how many selfish bastards there are around with the bulk shopping etc, we're at work at the hospital in Oxford where our on site Pret are offering free hot drinks to staff.

Another team have just passed our department where we are busy phoning hundreds of patients to postpone their appointments 

"we all got 3 coffees each"

and then they have the cheek to answer back when they get questioned if that might just be a bit selfish as you're not going to drink 3 drinks before they go cold and we're pretty much glued to our phones/desk without a hope of getting out to pick one up for ourselves

"well if they go cold they go cold, they were free anyway"

not a fucking clue or thought for anyone else!

• Paid Members

Just seen Johnson has confirmed in todays PMQ's that he's pushing through some legislation to stop landlords from evicting renters during this crisis period. But in classic BoJo style, I don't think he's eleberated on what measures there is going to be to stop them...

1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

The ones who gouge the market for pure profit, don't put any effort into doing up./maintaining the property to the required standards and treat tenants like shit. Those people can go fuck themselves, hard. They're is too many of them and it's so unregulated in terms of quality and how BTL handle situations is unbelievable. 

The ones who invest into making a house into a decent, livable and affordable home with the eye to profit or use for their own needs down the line whilst also treating their tenant with a modicum of respect, I can't go against them. 

The buy to let boom and subsequent market was fueled by numerous governments failures to have any sort of foresight, planning or investment into a then and very much now needed social and fair ownership housing infrastructure. We could feasible work that out at any point but sheer greed has won out and will continue to win.

You can't honestly tell me that you wouldn't invest in your future with one or more houses if you had the potential to? 

If put in that situation, how you would handle it is another matter.