Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Greggs are reopening 20 stores in the Newcastle area on a trial basis from Monday and hoping to be fully reopened by July 1st.

And so it begins

I'm glad they are prioritising the most ay need areas first. 

Has there been any talk about how so many people are still getting sick / dying in the UK? We've been in lockdown for like, what, 5 weeks or so now. If the virus has a potential incubation period of up to a fortnight, the people who are getting ill now must have picked it up during lockdown. It seems like if you're going to die from it, it'll happen within a week or two of going to hospital, which again points towards huge amounts of people still picking it up while everyone's supposedly been staying home. If that's the case, surely it would be absolutely mental to even think about relaxing any restrictions yet.

24 minutes ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

Has there been any talk about how so many people are still getting sick / dying in the UK? We've been in lockdown for like, what, 5 weeks or so now. If the virus has a potential incubation period of up to a fortnight, the people who are getting ill now must have picked it up during lockdown. It seems like if you're going to die from it, it'll happen within a week or two of going to hospital, which again points towards huge amounts of people still picking it up while everyone's supposedly been staying home. If that's the case, surely it would be absolutely mental to even think about relaxing any restrictions yet.

95% of people who have died from it have had underlying health conditions which usually mean compromised immune systems. They’re then more likely to catch it than a regular person. 

The underlying health conditions not only means more chance of it killing you, but more chance of you catching it in the first place. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, wordsfromlee said:

95% of people who have died from it have had underlying health conditions which usually mean compromised immune systems. They’re then more likely to catch it than a regular person. 

The underlying health conditions not only means more chance of it killing you, but more chance of you catching it in the first place. 

Thats not true, I have asthma and advise from asthma uk states im at no bigger risk of getting it than anyone else. I believe the same goes for diabetes

2 minutes ago, quote the raven said:

Thats not true, I have asthma and advise from asthma uk states im at no bigger risk of getting it than anyone else. I believe the same goes for diabetes

You're right. When I said usually, I actually meant always. How did I not realise?

I completely forgot that asthma and diabetes are the only form of underlying health condition that people could possibly have. Really sorry about that.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

You're right. When I said usually, I actually meant always. How did I not realise?

I completely forgot that asthma and diabetes are the only form of underlying health condition that people could possibly have. Really sorry about that.

I was just going off the list here for the higher risk people https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/whos-at-higher-risk-from-coronavirus/ 

I dont know how having most of those conditions classed as at risk gives you a greater chance of getting it. 

Edited by quote the raven