Most Underrated Tag Team

tiger_rick

2 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Reminds me of that Godfather / Val Venis team name 'Supply and Demand', which I remember being accepted in school at the time because it was in the WWF Magazine once, but I don't think ever made it to TV. Did they ever even have a team?

Pretty sure it was in TNM7, at least.

(Or was it one of the N64 games?)

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Paid Members

They did team up fairly regularly through '99, but I don't think the WWF ever billed them as Supply & Demand on TV. Just one of those names that has become widely accepted in spite of that, like Kendrick and London being routinely referred to as "Londrick" or "The Hooliganz", despite never being billed as either. I'm sure there's plenty of other examples.

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I'm sure there's plenty of other examples.

The two I remember most were Benoit & Jericho being called "Canadian Violence" because of EWR, and Jericho & Christian being called "Vitamin C" (lord knows who came up with that). I know people who used to verbally refer to Benoit & Jericho as "the Canadian Chrisses", but never saw it written.

Was "The Two-Man Power Trip" ever an official thing, or was that just on the games too?

• Paid Members

The London/Kendrick one rang a bell, so I did a bit of googling - apparently, it was the name London and Kendrick wanted to use, and even had on their ring-gear, but were never billed as. They used it in ICW years later too.

1 minute ago, Carbomb said:

Was "The Two-Man Power Trip" ever an official thing, or was that just on the games too?

That was official - WWE have uploaded youtube stuff of them using that name.

Edited by Chris B

• Paid Members

I remember one team I thought didn't get enough run-time given all the potential they had for all sorts of craziness, which was Big Show & Spike Dudley. I loved the fact that Spike dressed in the same one-shoulder black singlet and was referred to as the "Little Show". They gave us a glimpse of it, but imagine all the mental double team stuff they could've done that basically would've involved Big Show just throwing Spike at people.

• Paid Members

Here’s one I’ve just remembered. Scott Norton and Buff Bagwell when they were known as ‘Vicious & Delicious’ in WCW in about 1997.

946-B7-FA3-18-CD-4-DB7-9-BE4-A5931-E4-FC

They didn’t get a massive push and they weren’t even the main tag team in the NWO with Hall and Nash knocking about. But I enjoyed them. They had that ‘opposites attract’ dynamic going for them, a little bit like Bret Hart and The Anvil, they looked good together and it made sense that a cocky nob like Buff would hang around with a big hardcase like Norton for backup.

The NWO B-Team had a cracking theme as well.

Actually, looking back at that, the old B-Team weren’t bad at all were they? Konnan can piss off but Norton, Buff, Waltman, Bossman, Muta and Chono is quite a stable. Maybe not so much at the time but it’s aged well. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

Here’s one I’ve just remembered. Scott Norton and Buff Bagwell when they were known as ‘Vicious & Delicious’ in WCW in about 1997.

946-B7-FA3-18-CD-4-DB7-9-BE4-A5931-E4-FC

They didn’t get a massive push and they weren’t even the main tag team in the NWO with Hall and Nash knocking about. But I enjoyed them. They had that ‘opposites attract’ dynamic going for them, a little bit like Bret Hart and The Anvil, they looked good together and it made sense that a cocky nob like Buff would hang around with a big hardcase like Norton for backup.

The NWO B-Team had a cracking theme as well.

Actually, looking back at that, the old B-Team weren’t bad at all were they? Konnan can piss off but Norton, Buff, Waltman, Bossman, Muta and Chono is quite a stable. Maybe not so much at the time but it’s aged well. 

I desperately want to see a hoss team of Chono and Bossman now. Would of be wonderful and they would of been no bullshit cool. 

The Sheepherders (original version of Butch Miller & Luke Williams) not Jonathan Boyd/Rip Morgan/Johnny Ace, nor their WWE run as The Bushwhackers.

They travelled the world having exciting brawls with major feuds in Stampede/UWF/NWA/Portland/Texas/Puerto Rico etc. Probably the first established tag team to wrestle exclusively the hardcore style, including classic encounters with The Fantastics in barbed wire cage matches.

On 2/10/2020 at 5:37 PM, tiger_rick said:

Yeah but they've had five billion meaningless matches on TV more than any team in history which will massively balance it out. 

Nah, it only adds to their greatness - New Day have had all those matches and STILL produced a world champion without even splitting up.

On 2/12/2020 at 3:57 PM, HarmonicGenerator said:

Reminds me of that Godfather / Val Venis team name 'Supply and Demand', which I remember being accepted in school at the time because it was in the WWF Magazine once, but I don't think ever made it to TV. Did they ever even have a team?

Godfather mentions that the team were called Supply and Demand during his episode of WWE Photoshoot. Like yourself, I don’t think it was ever mentioned on TV.

Do Test and Albert count for this? Neither were spectacular in the ring but they were a great big man tag team and had Trish to add to appeal.

They never won the belts but were very much part of that E&C, Hardy, Dudley, APA, Too Cool group who kept the match ups varied. Granted Hardy's, E&C and Dudleys were the stars of the division. 

26 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

Do Test and Albert count for this? Neither were spectacular in the ring but they were a great big man tag team and had Trish to add to appeal. 

I remember they had a stonking mixed 6 man PPV opener, T&A and Trish vs the Hardyz and Lita. I loved that T&A's finish was just Albert smashing the opponent's face into Test's big boot.