Most Underrated Tag Team

tiger_rick

On 2/16/2020 at 8:48 PM, JakeRobertsParoleOfficer said:

The twin towers. 

Ppv win over rockers, headline feud with mega powers and even some wins over the Hart foundation. 

2 Big fuckers who could work! Made guys 280lbs jacked look small! 

I came to nominate having read the thread. 

Watching some 1980s early 1990s stuff at the moment and the Mania V match is ace as are many others.

I'm glad Powers of Pain have been nominated, ditto Orient Express. I liked Heel Teams growing up. 

Strike Force worth a mention? Santana and Martel don't have stinkers with anyone as a team, did they? 

2 hours ago, patiirc said:

I came to nominate having read the thread. 

Watching some 1980s early 1990s stuff at the moment and the Mania V match is ace as are many others.

I'm glad Powers of Pain have been nominated, ditto Orient Express. I liked Heel Teams growing up. 

Strike Force worth a mention? Santana and Martel don't have stinkers with anyone as a team, did they? 

Loved StrikeForce. 2 super workers in their prime.  These guys could have a great match with 2 Tins of tuna as opponents! 

Edited by JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, big7thletter said:

Jericho and Benoit were pretty good for the short time they were together.

The Canadian Chris run was an example of one of my favourite things in wrestling, i.e. a tag-team run and feud (with the Power Trip) that put the tag championships in the main event, however briefly. It doesn't happen often (the MegaManiacs vs. Money Inc. was the other time that immediately comes to mind), but when it does, it's brilliant.

• Awards Moderator
6 hours ago, big7thletter said:

Jericho and Benoit were pretty good for the short time they were together.

There's another one with an urban-legend team name, I'm sure I remember 'the Canadian Cripplers' being used, but I doubt there's any evidence for that (I haven't looked).