Most Underrated Tag Team

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Headshrinkers. End of own thread.

Seriously. They were bloody brilliant. That match with the Steiners at WM9 is one of the more forgotten gems in Mania history. Fuck knows why they were always fannying about with low card shit. Them and the Steiners should have just ripped it up in 1993 and early 1994, swapping the titles in ever-increasing red hot matches. They had ample amounts of shitarse teams to feed to them too.

Two big hosses who looked great, worked better, had a bit of wow factor and a decent manager. Criminally under valued by the company first and foremost and not given enough love.

Now, let's have your incorrect suggestions.

• Paid Members

Similar time period, The Quebecers.

Pierre as a bit of bruiser, but prepared to do some utterly mad shit if required, along with the greatest comedy stooge heel there is. Should have been to the Tag Titles what Honky Tonk Man was to the Intercontinental Title.

• Awards Moderator

I second the idea of a pair of Samoans, usually stuck fannying about in the low card, at a time with ample amounts of shitarse (thrown-together, not proper) teams to feed them to, who never got to swap titles around with anyone.

Two big hosses who worked better than they looked, had a bit of wow factor, and even had a manager. Not given enough love, for certain.

I am, of course, talking about 3 Minute Warning.

They were such a breath of fresh air when they turned up in '02. We were about five/six months removed from the first Draft, also known as the Great Fucking Over Of The Tag Team Division. These guys came in as a team - a bona fide team - and should have immediately proceeded to fuck shit up. They got a few lovely moments in the early going - the wedding interruption, and every time Jamaga got to hit his sublime Samoan Drop which looked like it killed you and probably did. But in hindsight they never stood a chance. The association with Bischoff was more of a burden than a gift, the rest of the tag division continued to be non-existent, and by the time they'd thought to reunite the Dudleys it was too late.

They should have come in strong, had a series of squashes which never went longer than three minutes, and they and the Duds should have battered each other in increasingly wild ECW-esque brawls into 2003. But it was not to be. So it's them.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator
I said balls instead of brawls

• Paid Members
37 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Similar time period, The Quebecers.

Pierre as a bit of bruiser, but prepared to do some utterly mad shit if required, along with the greatest comedy stooge heel there is. Should have been to the Tag Titles what Honky Tonk Man was to the Intercontinental Title.

Jacques Rougeau could be a double entrant as you could easily argue the Rougeaus brothers as well.

My pick as in it was the team that immediately came to mind for me when reading the topic heading was Kendrick and London.

Together for about 3 years in the mid to late 2000's and where absolutely ideal baby faces. Sold the shit out of peoples offences and where around at a dire time for Tag teams. 1 championship if remember correctly but I do think they are underrated. 

Had great feuds with MNM and Regal and Taylor and they where involved in the wonderful ladder match at Armageddon 06.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Chris Brooker said:

Power & Glory.

I love P&G but my impression is that that is a pretty universal opinion these days and thus, they're probably not underrated.

38 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

They were such a breath of fresh air when they turned up in '02. We were about five/six months removed from the first Draft, also known as the Great Fucking Over Of The Tag Team Division. These guys came in as a team - a bona fide team - and should have immediately proceeded to fuck shit up. They got a few lovely moments in the early going - the wedding interruption, and every time Jamaga got to hit his sublime Samoan Drop which looked like it killed you and probably did. But in hindsight they never stood a chance. The association with Bischoff was more of a burden than a gift, the rest of the tag division continued to be non-existent, and by the time they'd thought to reunite the Dudleys it was too late.

I think the dearth of tag teams is probably why they were rushed up when they were still as clumsy as fuck. I love a big, fat lad so was desperate for them to be as good as I'd already decided they were from reading PS or rajahwwf.com or whatever and they just weren't. Jamal turned out alright after some polishing.

I remembered Jamal was in TNA recently. That was weird.

One from recent times. Fandango/Breeze

Always thought Fandango & Breeze could have gone a lot further.  Decent/solid in the ring, good characters that seemed over with the live audience, always thought they had the potential to be a modern day Edge/Christian. 

Maybe there is still hope yet.

Edited by Briefcase

• Paid Members

Powers of Pain.

Guess in the grand scheme of things they fall behind team like The Road Warriors and Demolition is the face-painted big guy teams but as a child the Powers of Pain were the kind of larger than life monsters that i loved to see. I couldn't quite understand why they weren't the champions because they looked stronger than everyone else.

91aacc4544ea72a1c412698bd53d4642_crop_ex

1 hour ago, Sheffbag said:

Fabulous Blondes

yes, they were champions and quite successful at the time but seem to be forgotten as a tag team now due to the solo exploits of both of them. Incredible chemistry from them in the ring and mic

Steves Austin and Keirn?

• Paid Members

I'm going to say that Demolition were underrated, which may be a strange definition, but I can't help feel that they were quickly thrown into the dustbin of history once the LOD turned up.

In my book Demolition were much better than the Road Warriors in that they had a better look and both Eadie and Darsow individually and as a team were capable of better matches in the ring.

LOD never looked big enough, especially Hawk, to get away with no-selling to the degree that they did and were a bit too formulaic for my liking.

Its a shame that Demoliton are persona non grata by the WWE these days as they were a huge part of the late 80s and early 90s, and considering the WWF's footprint back then to being slightly on the wane by the time LOD came along, arguably as big if not bigger stars at the time.

I know they were designed as a rip-offs of the Road Warriors, but the New Rockers were better than the originals too.