Most Underrated Tag Team

tiger_rick

I like the idea that teams had their own names for themselves that they were never able to get the company to acknowledge on TV. I bet Marcus Alexander Bagwell and 2 Cold Scorpio secretly referred to themselves as Freezer Bags, for example.

DMybgIVWsAAkXRP.jpg

Loved them. In being the WCW creative team's answer to the APA, they were actually handled pretty well when you consider that the 2000 gloves had that reverse midas touch with just about everything. 

They looked like a team, they fought like a team, they had decent patter backstage that made them come off as two cool dudes who actually enjoyed hanging out with each other, and the crowd regularly popped for them.  Sure, they were never going to sell the biggest merch or be in a TLC highlight reel but I'm trying to justify the thread title, here. Usos, New Day and Owen + anyone always get talked about. 

Kronik were fun to watch and could easily have been booked to tag title dominance in a parallel universe 01/02, with young up and coming teams flinging themselves at them. 

• Paid Members

While they were never the greatest in ring, I had a soft spot for Deuce and Domino. They had a great little feud with London and Kendrick and I loved the Crack Em In Da Mouth finisher. And they was around and feuded with one of the best strange bedfellows tag team - Matt Hardy and MVP. 

4 hours ago, Joe Blog said:

Do Test and Albert count for this? Neither were spectacular in the ring but they were a great big man tag team and had Trish to add to appeal.

They never won the belts but were very much part of that E&C, Hardy, Dudley, APA, Too Cool group who kept the match ups varied. Granted Hardy's, E&C and Dudleys were the stars of the division. 

The mixed tag match they're in against the Hardy Boyz and Lita from Fully Loaded 2000 is one of the hottest opening matches ever, so they've got that going for them too.

48 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

DMybgIVWsAAkXRP.jpg

Loved them. In being the WCW creative team's answer to the APA, they were actually handled pretty well when you consider that the 2000 gloves had that reverse midas touch with just about everything. 

Another great shout. My dad loved these guys. Their tornado tag squashes were great fun. It used to be a right laugh watching them hurl scrubs like 3 Count around the place. Nothing but power moves and yelling at the crowd. Also the originators of one of my brothers' favourite play-wrestling gag, based on Clark being out of his mind, of pausing before doing a chokeslam and looking around the room going "Bryan? Bryan? BRYAN!"

I tell who were a brilliant tag team. Ric Flair & Arn Anderson.

it probably does not count because they only did a handful of matches on TV, but worked a lot on house shows together.

They had real chemistry & tagged beautifully, implementing every trick in the book with the referee "missing" each act of villainy.

8 hours ago, Jacko said:

Natural born thrillers for me are a rare high point of later day wcw for me 

Jindrak & O'Haire looked like they could be legit major players towards the back end of 2000 with their combination of size, athletic agility and innovation

In October 2000 I thought they were in the three best matches in WCW that month, had a couple of great matches working opposite Rey & Juvi a few months earlier and had enjoyable fare against the Jung Dragons and also Jamie Noble & Evan Karagias.  

A real case of "what might have been" had Eric Bischoff ended up purchasing WCW as O'Haire was going to get skyrocketed had he done so.