Jump to content
seph

2020 Celebrity Death Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Rey_Piste said:

Reading that article, he was looking to reach 5,000 feet. This is about the average cruising height for a commercial aeroplane flight.

Cruise altitude of a commercial flight is going to be 30-40,000 feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Cruise altitude of a commercial flight is going to be 30-40,000 feet.

I totally cocked up my sentence structure in that post. 

Reading that article, he was looking to reach 5,000 feet. Nowhere near the 35,000 feet you need to be to see the curvature of the globe. This is about the average cruising height for a commercial aeroplane flight. Darwinism in action.

Is how I should've written it. I'm tired from staying up so late last night and possibly still a bit drunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2020 at 2:24 PM, Magnum Milano said:

For the Andrew Weatherall fans, this is a little goldmine. A gang of diehards have stuffed 900 hours of live recordings, radio shows and other mixes into an 85gb Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B23ZLBzfzfvec3ZhVE1uV0JtSGs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's given me an excuse to listen to "Fade Into You" for the first time in years, and be reminded that it's absolutely gorgeous, at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

it's given me an excuse to listen to "Fade Into You" for the first time in years, and be reminded that it's absolutely gorgeous, at least.

Hope's voice is something else.  There's an amazing version that they did live on Jools Holland's show which is up on YouTube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

James Lipton, host of Inside the Actors Studio, has died aged 93

That sucks. I enjoyed watching many of the interviews he conducted. 

I wonder what God said to him when he arrived at the pearly gates? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, wordsfromlee said:

James Lipton, host of Inside the Actors Studio, has died aged 93

I did not think he was 93

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Also a genius bit of outside-the-box casting in Arrested Development.

Yes. I remember I couldn't believe he was in his late 80s, until I saw him walk in series 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Egghead quizzer Dave Rainford has sadly died. I have quizzed and drank with him on a few occasions and he was one of kind. The second time I met him he welcomed me like we were long lost mates and I was shocked he remembered my name. 

He has been in poorly health for a while but this is still a shock. I shall be having a pint tonight in honour of him. RIP Dave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Egghead quizzer Dave Rainford has sadly died. I have quizzed and drank with him on a few occasions and he was one of kind. The second time I met him he welcomed me like we were long lost mates and I was shocked he remembered my name. 

He has been in poorly health for a while but this is still a shock. I shall be having a pint tonight in honour of him. RIP Dave.

Ah, that's awful news.  Never took himself too seriously on Eggheads and came across as a thoroughly nice, down to earth bloke.

RIP 'Tremendous Knowledge'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...