2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

10 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Cruise altitude of a commercial flight is going to be 30-40,000 feet.

I totally cocked up my sentence structure in that post. 

Reading that article, he was looking to reach 5,000 feet. Nowhere near the 35,000 feet you need to be to see the curvature of the globe. This is about the average cruising height for a commercial aeroplane flight. Darwinism in action.

Is how I should've written it. I'm tired from staying up so late last night and possibly still a bit drunk.

• Awards Moderator
On 2/17/2020 at 2:24 PM, Magnum Milano said:

For the Andrew Weatherall fans, this is a little goldmine. A gang of diehards have stuffed 900 hours of live recordings, radio shows and other mixes into an 85gb Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B23ZLBzfzfvec3ZhVE1uV0JtSGs

Egghead quizzer Dave Rainford has sadly died. I have quizzed and drank with him on a few occasions and he was one of kind. The second time I met him he welcomed me like we were long lost mates and I was shocked he remembered my name. 

He has been in poorly health for a while but this is still a shock. I shall be having a pint tonight in honour of him. RIP Dave.

Just now, Glenryck Pilchards said:

Egghead quizzer Dave Rainford has sadly died. I have quizzed and drank with him on a few occasions and he was one of kind. The second time I met him he welcomed me like we were long lost mates and I was shocked he remembered my name. 

He has been in poorly health for a while but this is still a shock. I shall be having a pint tonight in honour of him. RIP Dave.

Ah, that's awful news.  Never took himself too seriously on Eggheads and came across as a thoroughly nice, down to earth bloke.

RIP 'Tremendous Knowledge'

• Paid Members

Ah, that sucks. I always cringed at the Tremendous Knowledge nickname, because it's awful, and it only ever seemed to be Jeremy "Tremendous Cunt" Vine who used it, but Dave was one of the decent Eggheads. 

Edited by gmoney