2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

• Paid Members

Then they all start talking about Lewis Capaldi "taking digs" at another Love Island contestant during hit speech at the Brits or something? Mind you somebody on my Facebook was bitching the other night about how Love Island had been postponed. Some people have no self awareness. 

I’m suprised Love Island hasn’t been scrapped yet, or if they’re just waiting for this series to finish. Although Caroline’s death wasn’t directly related to the show, I think that’s the third suicide with links to it.

Having said that, it’ll probably come back in 6 months for a new series as if she was never there, which is really sad.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I’m suprised Love Island hasn’t been scrapped yet, or if they’re just waiting for this series to finish. Although Caroline’s death wasn’t directly related to the show, I think that’s the third suicide with links to it.

The problem isn't the show. The problem is the culture surrounding it and all celebrity journalism and social media.

Harrowing stuff in her unreleased Instagram post (link below) and points to various factors that that Mirror article desperately tried to deflect from. 

It's crazy, I've barely ever actually watched anything with Caroline Flack in it, yet this whole thing has been on my mind since the weekend. Haunting and tragic, fueled by depressing aspects of our society.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51557180

The Sun and Mail's shameless attempts to blame this on the CPS is hilarious in its bollocks. The CPS did its job.

The issue was the reporting on the story from the tabloids with its gleeful tone. A lot of people have gone after Social Media, but in many ways you choose to be on those platforms. You can leave them (not an excuse for people to behave how they do)

With the tabloids, you have no choice. They do what they want. Things like the Daily Mail online are rotten. The same people saying 'Be Kind' and acting outraged probably view that site every day and click on the many articles about some girl being fat or someone from a reality show being 'troubled' Its the most viewed site in the world.

Its outrageous and isn't new. Remember the scorn from the tabloids about Cher Lloyd when she was on X Factor? The girl was 16. Remember how they drove Amy Winehouse to her grave?

Trolls on Social Media is a factor, but the blame on this lays squarely at the tabloid press and their online sites and those who view it. Every click on one of those articles is more money to them.

Anyway, rant over. Very sad all round. Horrible she found herself with no way out but this.

• Paid Members

Frances Cuka, nice grandma from Friday Night Dinner, has passed. I'm honestly a bit moved, she was a great character and I always saw her as a lovely person. Maybe she wasnt, but sometimes you buy the actor as character.

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack
I cant spell or make sense

52 minutes ago, courageous said:

So farewell Mad Mike Hughes - The world may not be flat, but now you are

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51602655

Reading that article, he was looking to reach 5,000 feet. This is about the average cruising height for a commercial aeroplane flight. Also nowhere near the 35,000 feet you need to be to see the globe. Darwinism in action.