2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Keith Houchen said:

This place ruined Parsons. Whenever he was on tv or radio, I automatically think about the anecdote of how he wanted to rent a vid, was told it was cheaper to buy an ex rental of the film he was after, and went on an impassioned plea about how he just wanted to rent it. @Bellenda Carlisle was it you?

Yep, well remembered.

He wanted to rent a film on VHS that we only had on DVD and got really pissy about it. Turns out we had an ex-rental VHS that was cheaper to buy than renting would have been but he obviously had got himself in a mood and trying to get him to see sense was difficult. I remember him being really annoyed, panicky and on the verge of tears but it was a long time ago. The film was Ladies in Lavender or Calender Girls, really dry, old women's films of the time. I think he did eventually leave with it but I don't remember. I should have just sold it to him and told him to bring it back tomorrow.

• Paid Members

I have a mate who's really into his golden age Hollywood stuff, and every single time we had a conversation about a celebrity having just died, he'd quickly Google Kirk Douglas and Olivia de Havilland to check if they were still alive. I got a text from him last night just saying, "it finally happened", and had absolutely no idea what he meant.

Definition of a good innings.