2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

15 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

This news warrants its own thread I'd say. Absolutely tragic story. Angry entitled men constantly abusing her on social media after her domestic abuse charge have no doubt fueled this.

A good point and obviously not condoning that one bit, but social media accounts can be blocked/muted or deleted to try and combat that.

The blame mostly lies with the tabloid culture that reported on it almost daily. That’s harder to ignore. You now have absolute cunts like Dan Wooton from The S*n tweeting “heartfelt memories”. Fuck him and everyone associated with it.

Very sad situation and clearly didn’t get the help and support she needed.

7 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

A good point and obviously not condoning that one bit, but social media accounts can be blocked/muted or deleted to try and combat that.

The blame mostly lies with the tabloid culture that reported on it almost daily. That’s harder to ignore. You now have absolute cunts like Dan Wooton from The S*n tweeting “heartfelt memories”. Fuck him and everyone associated with it.

Very sad situation and clearly didn’t get the help and support she needed.

Biggest snake of them all that bellend, especially when he liked a tweet the other day that was taking a dig at another celeb who’s been hounded by press as of late in Jameela Jamil 

• Paid Members

As if she didn't have enough on her plate with the domestic abuse charges the treatment she was getting in the media was terrible. You just know the papers tomorrow will be trying to absolve themselves of any part in this and presenting her as a victim. 

• Paid Members

I have absolutely no idea about any of the domestic drama, so sorry if this comes off as ignorant, but if she was accused of domestic abuse why is everyone talking about it as though she was the victim in it? Is it another Johnny Depp situation or something?

1 minute ago, FelatioLips said:

I have absolutely no idea about any of the domestic drama, so sorry if this comes off as ignorant, but if she was accused of domestic abuse why is everyone talking about it as though she was the victim in it? Is it another Johnny Depp situation or something?

She was due to be going on trial next month because she had smashed a lamp over her fella’s head while he was sleeping for reasons unknown. Instead of just reporting about it once and leaving it be till the trial, the media published stories on the regular for buys/clicks about her like they do every public figure

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

She'd already been tried and convicted in the media. I think I saw somewhere she'd been charged of the assault by the police, and her boyfriend hadn't wanted to, so maybe there's a mental health problem there. If there wasn't at the time there certainly would have been once she'd had every detail of her life exposed and examined by the media to make a quick buck as mentioned above. 

19 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

I don’t think anyone is saying she’s a victim regarding domestic violence, more a victim of red top pile ons as they gleefully rubbed their hands over any rumour of the situation. 

• Paid Members

I'm sure if she'd been found guilty at trial there'd have been a lot more awareness of the fact that domestic abuse can go both ways. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm sure if she'd been found guilty at trial there'd have been a lot more awareness of the fact that domestic abuse can go both ways. 

Allegedly the reason her previous engagement ended was because she attacked her partner. I saw an NDA was used at the end of that relationship. The press published the crime scene photos with blood stains as well. However, the police and the courts should have been allowed to do their jobs, instead we got a trial by media. I can’t say I was ever really a fan, but it’s a shame she never got the help or support she clearly needed.

4 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

to be honest, I expected nothing less. The Scum have already posted similar on social media and I expect they all will

The Sun’s attempts to shift blame to the Crown Prosecution Service is beyond disgusting. Realistically that disgusting rag is not going to publish something reflective, but they could have chosen to write something that was straight down the middle.

They know fine well that there was no way the CPS could - or should - drop the case. Pretending otherwise or that it was in the public interest to do so is utterly disingenuous.