Talking Pictures is the greatest TV channel in history.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Yeah, I remember seeing that "Chubby" Brown film on there a lot "U.F.O". You had them showing all the early Peter Jackson films. Lesser-known British films as well that would never get shown anywhere else. I also remember that "Thursday Night Sex" 11pm slot in 1995 very well. Sunday 9pm was horror time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Not Talking Pictures but Great! Movies Classics tonight on Freeview. 

9pm: "Priest of Love" - the story of DH Lawrence starring Ian McKellen

After that it's cheese..

"The Stud" with Joan Collins & Olivier Tobias.

Then it's..

"Roxanne" with Steve Martin

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey, remember this thread? 

At 4:05 PM Talking Pictures TV is showing When The Legends Die.

I've not actually seen it, but it's a western drama film centered around rodeo from the early 1970's, so it's basically everything I'm all about and I'm sure will be worth a watch. 

• 5 weeks later...
Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

The byline at the bottom was one I hadn’t seen before “ALL GUEST APPEARANCES SUBJECT TO HEALTH & WELLBEING ON THE DAY.

Haha, I hadn’t clocked that! Not that they’re saying the guests might be a bit elderly or anything!

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

How do you record this great channel using a VCR? My TV has Freeview. I can watch it. Not record it. Yes, I know. Old Baz still stuck in 1995, but I feel like I'm missing good shit here and every "Freeview Recorder" I've tried doesn't work. Thanks.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

How do you record this great channel using a VCR? My TV has Freeview. I can watch it. Not record it. Yes, I know. Old Baz still stuck in 1995, but I feel like I'm missing good shit here and every "Freeview Recorder" I've tried doesn't work. Thanks.

No idea about that but if your dial up is fast enough they do have a free streaming service called TPTV Encore which has a lot of their films and TV shows