Talking Pictures is the greatest TV channel in history.

PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Carbomb Lame Claim To Fame #41

Was in a production of The Crucible at secondary just before the film came out - got to play John Proctor, and the girl who played Abigail Williams went on to play Big Suze in Peep Show.

• Paid Members

We never did anything as exciting as performing it, we'd just sit around in class and read through it. Our teacher would arbitrarily decide who was playing which part. We did the same for the Tempest. 

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

We never did anything as exciting as performing it, we'd just sit around in class and read through it. Our teacher would arbitrarily decide who was playing which part. We did the same for the Tempest. 

It's a particularly pertinent text for what's going on right now, with the Tories trying to crack down on protesting, and control the BBC. It's not quite the McCarthyism that Miller was writing about, but it's in the same ball-park.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I watched that on your recommendation years ago, when Lumet passed. Astounding film. Tension you could cut with a knife, and some of Connery's best acting ever. Also enjoyed The Anderson Tapes.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Perry said:

Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but Morons from Outer Space is on Monday night 11.45

I love that they stick random old 80s comedies like that one weeknights. Reminds me of what Sky Movies used to be. You used to get some crackers on there at 1am.

6 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

I love that they stick random old 80s comedies like that one weeknights. Reminds me of what Sky Movies used to be. You used to get some crackers on there at 1am.

Yeah, I remember in the mid 90s when they stuck all four Confessions films on there too, more or less in the timeslot you mentioned.