Sha Samuels and Josh Bodom shoot on ref allegedly

Hannibal Scorch

What's the thinking on this one? He mentions in another tweet about it being a botched ending? Is he saying that it was a work and things got out of hand or was there genuine intent to injure him? Outside of the tweet I've not seen any footage.

14 minutes ago, 5pints said:

What's the thinking on this one? He mentions in another tweet about it being a botched ending? Is he saying that it was a work and things got out of hand or was there genuine intent to injure him? Outside of the tweet I've not seen any footage.

AFAIK he counted a pin when Bodum didn't get his shoulder up in time. That's the botch. It led to the right team winning but the alleged attack ensued afterwards

• Paid Members

It's been mentioned in the NJPW thread.

Aaren counted the three because Bodom didn't get his shoulder up. It wasn't the planned finish, but that's what you're taught to do as a ref - call it like it's a shoot, and trust the wrestler to kick out on time. The right team still went over, just not with the planned finish. So the two of them kicked off because they didn't get to do the finish they planned - but as I say to any wrestler who complains that they forgot, or didn't manage to fit in, a planned spot, "the audience don't know what you had planned".

Sha then gave Aaren a dangerous bodyslam, and Bodom kicked the shit out of him, in the ring, and at ringside, as a shoot. Aaren has been left injured and unable to referee again - and unsure if he'd still want to even if he could.

Andy Quildan has issued a public statement on Twitter, in which he gets Aaren's name wrong, doesn't apologise, claims that he knew nothing of the issue before Aaren Tweeted about it (I know for a fact this is bollocks), and that the "live edit" only shows the bodyslam and "no intent to injure". It's a real, "who you gonna believe, me, or your lying eyes?" defence.

6 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

It's been mentioned in the NJPW thread.

Aaren counted the three because Bodom didn't get his shoulder up. It wasn't the planned finish, but that's what you're taught to do as a ref - call it like it's a shoot, and trust the wrestler to kick out on time. The right team still went over, just not with the planned finish. So the two of them kicked off because they didn't get to do the finish they planned - but as I say to any wrestler who complains that they forgot, or didn't manage to fit in, a planned spot, "the audience don't know what you had planned".

Sha then gave Aaren a dangerous bodyslam, and Bodom kicked the shit out of him, in the ring, and at ringside, as a shoot. Aaren has been left injured and unable to referee again - and unsure if he'd still want to even if he could.

Andy Quildan has issued a public statement on Twitter, in which he gets Aaren's name wrong, doesn't apologise, claims that he knew nothing of the issue before Aaren Tweeted about it (I know for a fact this is bollocks), and that the "live edit" only shows the bodyslam and "no intent to injure". It's a real, "who you gonna believe, me, or your lying eyes?" defence.

I saw his statement, he is getting criticism for it. He just said the edit didn't have Bodom hitting him, but they have several cameras so they must have footage just not on their God awful pivotshare site. Also so many people saw it. P

But why are so many suddenly booking Bodom post this. I want to know? He is okay but nothing special. Is it just this guy has loads of publicity? 

The thing that gets me is that people are trying to defend it as them “just being heels, they’re supposed to be bad guys”, like it’s some sort of catch-all get out clause that just allows you to do whatever you want. Being a heel doesn’t give you free reign to be a bellend.

Now admittedly, I haven’t seen any footage of what happened, only what I’ve here but based on that, fucking hell they need to get over themselves. People fuck up, that’s just life. And whether the ref has trained to take a basic bump or not, all that goes out of the window if someone starts shooting on you.

I would say that AQ needs to be seen to do something about it, but he’ll more likely just let the dust settle and everything will go back to what it was because that’s the wrestling industry. People will make a bit of noise for a couple of weeks then move on.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

James Castle seems to have thrown his tuppence into the debate…

So by that logic, if you want to be a referee, ring announcer, cameraman, etc. You better be a fully trained wrestler! 

Work on the fly...like being able to control yourself if you don’t get the finish you planned?

Absolutely zero clue how anyone is trying to argue that Bodom/Samuels are in the right, even by the tiniest of margins.

Twat behaviour of the highest order by two people I've always associated with the word. Hope they get fucked off by the scene for a considerable while.