Sha Samuels and Josh Bodom shoot on ref allegedly

Hannibal Scorch

Josh Bodom on the outside with the knee and some stiff looking strikes on the video I saw was shite however apart from the knee I struggle to see something I would anticipate causing any injury. Still particularly the knee is out of order.

With regards to Sha, the slam is hardly a slam, its like a slowly paced placement onto the mat.

I'm not condoning it, if the ref hasn't wanted to be touched, hasn't agreed to it on the fly and he's done it anyway then it's also not on.

The thing for me that's ruining the credibility of the ref are the countless reports of people saying he looked and seemed physically fine, he was laughing and joking with Sha, he refereer another match afterwards then made no mention of it to anybody for a week.

I just feel thats highly contradictive of his "I am seriously injured, am unable to ever referee again and can't even work my day job, here's my PayPal" stance.

It's right that Bodom is gone, the knee alone is a cowardly way to try and give a real dig to the ref whose job is to count a shoot 3 and its the wrestlers responsibility to kick out. If the ref just said that in any other scenario in the world that would be an assault and Bodom would be up in court for it so he wanted him out of the company then fine however as as I say my opinion on it is that once hes started making what seem to be outlandish claims about being injured it just kills all credibility for me.

Also, surely I cannot be the only person cringing at pretend toughmen tweeting alluding to wanting to beat up a wrestler in a worked fight.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

The thing for me that's ruining the credibility of the ref are the countless reports of people saying he looked and seemed physically fine, he was laughing and joking with Sha, he refereer another match afterwards then made no mention of it to anybody for a week.

I think that's more to do with the toxic "I'm fine, really" culture that pro wrestling tends to ingrain in it's locker rooms.

I bet when the ref got home and the adrenaline of being around the boys wore off, he really took a look at his injuries and thought about what happened constantly before he spoke with regular non-wrestling folk about what happened, who then assured him that what happened isn't normal and he is actually allowed to feel (and show) that physical and mental anguish.

12 minutes ago, Jonny Vegas said:

Josh Bodom on the outside with the knee and some stiff looking strikes on the video I saw was shite however apart from the knee I struggle to see something I would anticipate causing any injury. Still particularly the knee is out of order.

With regards to Sha, the slam is hardly a slam, its like a slowly paced placement onto the mat.

I'm not condoning it, if the ref hasn't wanted to be touched, hasn't agreed to it on the fly and he's done it anyway then it's also not on.

I just feel thats highly contradictive of his "I am seriously injured, am unable to ever referee again and can't even work my day job, here's my PayPal" stance.

It's right that Bodom is gone, the knee alone is a cowardly way to try and give a real dig to the ref whose job is to count a shoot 3 and its the wrestlers responsibility to kick out. If the ref just said that in any other scenario in the world that would be an assault and Bodom would be up in court for it so he wanted him out of the company then fine however as as I say my opinion on it is that once hes started making what seem to be outlandish claims about being injured it just kills all credibility for me.

Also, surely I cannot be the only person cringing at pretend toughmen tweeting alluding to wanting to beat up a wrestler in a worked fight.

Is there a possibility of delayed concussion? much like Steve Smith suffered with last week?

Yep. Back when I was training martial arts, there were a couple of incidents of guys taking heavy shots in sparring, being seemingly fine and then taking time off with concussion symptoms. 

A flush knee to the head like that has every chance of knocking the ref for a loop that he won't feel until after he's been to sleep.

• Paid Members
Just now, Jonny Vegas said:

Just for clarification guys Im not saying that I'm right, just my view of things. Did he not say he had suffered an injury meaning he could never referee wrestling again? Would we say concussion could do that for refereeing?

I mean, mentally he just may never want to put himself in that situation again

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

I brought up the injuries being more mental then actually physical.

Does that then give him the right to ask for PayPal donations? 

So now your saying his physical injuries are none existent or unimportant? And if someone can't work, physical or mental reasons, what difference does that make. You can either work or you can't? What are you smoking lad?

What exactly are his physical injuries though? No one has exactly confirmed what his injuries are just “I’ve been doctors and now I have to retire from refereeing, if you feel like throwing some spare money my way, here’s my PayPal” 

I’ll make sure to try that one at work at some point.

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

What exactly are his physical injuries though? No one has exactly confirmed what his injuries are just “I’ve been doctors and now I have to retire from refereeing, if you feel like throwing some spare money my way, here’s my PayPal” 

I’ll make sure to try that one at work at some point.

How much have you donated?