Top Shithousery

tiger_rick

Atsushi Onita just walking to the ring in New Japan.
Big shit-eating grin on his face while the fans throw trash at him [something, as far as I am aware, that Japanese audiences are not prone to do] he stops, sparks up a cigarette and continues puffing away on it while getting more rubbish thrown at him from people who despise him and the style of wrestling he promotes.

Just a complete prick that you want to see get his arse kicked.

• Paid Members

I've never watched the match, but I have seen that entrance from Onita before (through a link on here in the past couple of years) and Onita might as well be Paul Newman or Clint Eastwood. Coolness just pours out of him in that entrance. He's the absolute fucking business walking down to the ring there. 

7 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

This is my fave promo ever. It's an absolute joy to watch from start to finish. HBK was never better than this, even when he was balls deep in his own arsehole through '97 and '98.

I think the beauty behind this promo is that in his eyes - and the eyes of a fair few fans -  he is absolutey right in everything he's saying - and he's essentially jumping effortlessly between goody 'reborn' HBK and the magnificent cunt HBK we all knew he still had in there somewhere deep down. 

His performance against Hogan at that years Summerslam was just wonderful. My match of the year, that year. I just smiled and laughed and was giddy al the way through it. 

I'd also put the Dudley Boys' Heatwave 99 promo up there with absolute shitebagness of the highest order. 

Have to give the Dudley Boyz props for properly stepping over the line here. But as the video is titled - best promo ever? Too much cheap heat. ECW Dudleyz were know for that and it's a great promo but really if you take the sex jokes out, it wouldn't be remembered. If that's the greatest promo then my criteria of best differs from who uploaded the video.

Edited by Seratonin

Onita. What a man. Obviously I don't know the history, but that entrance turned him full on face to me. Absolutely zero fucks given. Buckets of it factor. Its a perfect illustration of something I've thought for a while - the more a wrestler seeks fan approval, the less likeable they are. If you go out there confident and looking ready for a fight, you'll get over. Even Sid fistbumped blind and only turned to the fans to get them to tell him he's the man or after he'd murdered some fool with a bomb. Forget singalong a catchphrase.

• Paid Members

I know that Onita's done some things to his own body that I wouldnt do if I was getting Austin money, but every time I see that entrance I always go "ugh, his hair must have been sticky and horrible throughout that match" after he poured coke on his head. I did that once at Footy years ago and it was a horrible experience.

• Awards Moderator

A recent one for a change. The reference is a little obscure this side of the Atlantic, but Elias from last year mocking the Sonics leaving Seattle had a 6 minute boo-vation:

• Paid Members

Why did they go so mad about that? Heels have mocked local sports teams for decades and I can't recall any of the rest of the crowds going nearly as mad as that. Especially not recently when audiences are supposed to be 'smart'.

• Paid Members
43 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Why did they go so mad about that? Heels have mocked local sports teams for decades and I can't recall any of the rest of the crowds going nearly as mad as that. Especially not recently when audiences are supposed to be 'smart'.

It's a seriously sore spot for them. It'd be like the Giants or Jets upping from New York to Los Angeles in terms of how pissed off the entire fanbase was as they were never getting a replacement. Pretty sure the entire thing ended messy as hell as well. 

• Awards Moderator
2 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

It's not just mocking the team, but mocking the fact that the local team was moved by the owners and to a new city. It was taken really badly by the fans and was still raw.