Top Shithousery

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

What are your favourite heel moments?

Rewatched that HBK promo in Montreal from the week before SummerSlam 2005 last night and it's just a magnificent display of shithousery. Shawn is having the time of his life from the moment he walks out becoming his coked up self of '97. The crowd are great too chanting "Shut the fuck up" and doing the "Hey, hey, hey, goodbye" thing. That pop for Bret's music is insane.

Watching with modern eyes, it's jarring to hear HBK say "WWE fans". Also JR acknowledging the boos plays into the whole thing. No "Bizarro world" shit.

Great moment.

Always enjoyed  the Sid/Hogan vs Flaor and Undi match on SNM. 

This was after Hogan's act of cuntiness in eliminating Sid at the RR 92.

Sid just basically becomes the definition of the bad tag team partner and let's him take a kicking as he fucks off

Special mention must also go to Duggan as since when is it ok, post win.....for a face  to beat someone with a 2x4???

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

HBK promo in Montreal from the week before SummerSlam 2005 last night and it's just a magnificent display of shithousery

This is my fave promo ever. It's an absolute joy to watch from start to finish. HBK was never better than this, even when he was balls deep in his own arsehole through '97 and '98.

I think the beauty behind this promo is that in his eyes - and the eyes of a fair few fans -  he is absolutey right in everything he's saying - and he's essentially jumping effortlessly between goody 'reborn' HBK and the magnificent cunt HBK we all knew he still had in there somewhere deep down. 

His performance against Hogan at that years Summerslam was just wonderful. My match of the year, that year. I just smiled and laughed and was giddy al the way through it. 

I'd also put the Dudley Boys' Heatwave 99 promo up there with absolute shitebagness of the highest order. 

Edited by Scott Malbranque

• Paid Members
39 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

What are your favourite heel moments?

Rewatched that HBK promo in Montreal from the week before SummerSlam 2005 last night and it's just a magnificent display of shithousery. Shawn is having the time of his life from the moment he walks out becoming his coked up self of '97. The crowd are great too chanting "Shut the fuck up" and doing the "Hey, hey, hey, goodbye" thing. That pop for Bret's music is insane.

Watching with modern eyes, it's jarring to hear HBK say "WWE fans". Also JR acknowledging the boos plays into the whole thing. No "Bizarro world" shit.

Great moment.

The shithousery during the match as well is second to none, then him just getting up and walking out halfway through Hogan's celebration as if nothing had happened. Handshake moment for the recap etc, but he wasn't selling anything.

Hulk Hogans heel turn in WCW has to be up there for me and the promo afterwards was brilliant, loved how back then all shit would be thrown into the ring but Hogan really went full on heel there. Mean Gene also plays an important part too in a 'it feels personal to him' kind of way. 

• Paid Members

Roddy Piper promising to the Mexican fans that, by way of apology, he would play the Mexican national anthem on his bagpipes, letting the anticipation build, and then playing "La Cucaracha".

Don't even have to have seen it. That's spectacular. Evidenced by the riot that followed.

• Paid Members

Anything Triple H did during his 2002-2004 'holding down the young guys' run was incredible. I know people hated him for different reasons during this period but I thought he was a magnificent bastard.

MJF's 'Cody is my best friend' stuff at the moment is really good too. Can't wait for the inevitable turn.

• Paid Members

Some great stuff already mentioned, especially the Michaels promo and Mark Henry's retirement fake-out.

A niche one that's one of my favourite moments at an indie show;

Pro Wrestling EVE show, after Wrestle Queendom 1. Charlie Morgan has won the title, and it's Rhia O'Reilly's birthday. They get all the roster in the ring together at the end of the show to celebrate, and call for the sound guy to play some party music. Instead, they "accidentally" cue up a video from a show a few months earlier, that showed Charlie Morgan beaten up backstage prior to a big match. Only, this time, the video plays for a little longer, and reveals Kasey Owens was the woman responsible.

Kasey's one of the crew in the ring celebrating, so Charlie makes a beeline for her and they start, brawling. Rhia O'Reilly steps in to break them up, Kasey Owens says "fuck you, Rhia!" and storms out, while ring crew hold Charlie Morgan back.

It's not Kasey that was the top notch shithouse in this angle, though - Charli Evans, who was just one of the other members of the roster in the ring, followed up by stepping up to Rhia and petulantly shouting, "Yeah, FUCK YOU RHIA", and stomps off with a massive grin on her face. Just completely needless, kick them while they're down, shithousing for no gain whatsoever.

Edited by BomberPat

42 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Roddy Piper promising to the Mexican fans that, by way of apology, he would play the Mexican national anthem on his bagpipes, letting the anticipation build, and then playing "La Cucaracha".

Don't even have to have seen it. That's spectacular. Evidenced by the riot that followed.

Is there footage of this anywhere? I need to see it!