Top Shithousery

tiger_rick

Just now, SaitoRyo said:

I remember watching that Michaels Montreal promo live and just about shitting my pants when Bret's music hit. 

That short heel run really was something else.

Kinda makes you think his whole "Goody two shoes" act was a gimmick, the way he was able to go back to 1997 Shawn without even the somas.

13 minutes ago, TheToeSucker said:

Kinda makes you think his whole "Goody two shoes" act was a gimmick, the way he was able to go back to 1997 Shawn without even the somas.

Well, I think the reports at the time were that he didn't want to go full heel because he had found God and wanted to be a role model. 

He only temporarily turned in order to have the programme with Hogan. 

I also think a lot has been said in recent years to contradict the whole 'Shawn has really changed' narrative...

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Scott Malbranque said:

This is my fave promo ever. It's an absolute joy to watch from start to finish. HBK was never better than this, even when he was balls deep in his own arsehole through '97 and '98.

I think the beauty behind this promo is that in his eyes - and the eyes of a fair few fans -  he is absolutey right in everything he's saying - and he's essentially jumping effortlessly between goody 'reborn' HBK and the magnificent cunt HBK we all knew he still had in there somewhere deep down. 

His performance against Hogan at that years Summerslam was just wonderful. My match of the year, that year. I just smiled and laughed and was giddy al the way through it. 

I'd also put the Dudley Boys' Heatwave 99 promo up there with absolute shitebagness of the highest order. 

at 6:40 is that Don West working security?

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

If there's no footage of it, and Piper said it, I'm leaning towards it not actually happening.

Ordinarily I would lean towards agreeing with you, and it did have the feel of a Roddy Piper Story, but I've seen it referenced elsewhere, and the timing fits for him feuding with Chavo (and, to a lesser extent, Hector) Guerrero in LA - they feuded for the better part of two years, and the LA territory had a lot of hispanic fans, and Spanish language broadcasts. I'd lean on the side of it happening, but maybe not exactly how Piper told it.

• Paid Members

The time CM Punk (and the Straight Edge Society) confronted Rey Mysterio in front of his own family is up there. It was Mysterio's Daughter's birthday, and he asked the crowd to sing Happy Birthday to her, only for Punk to come swaggering out like a prick.

He goes on to tell Mysterio's kids that he's going to kick the shit of their dad, comments on how lovely looking Mysterio's wife is, then get's on his knees to be on Mytserio's "level" before slapping him in the face.

Rey doesn't do a thing; he just backs his family out of the ring after the verbal and physical abuse, whilst somehow putting across how embarrassed and furious he was with just his body movement. To top it all off, Punk sings "Happy Birthday" to Rey's daughter as they all leave. Rey looks devastated by the end of it.

A fucking tremendous bit of Shithousery that's often forgotten, much like Punk's brilliant tenure with the SES. I'll take this super dickhead CM Punk over the gormy, cringey twat he would become post-2011.

• Paid Members

Ted DiBiase.

The idea of buying everything you want, sting kids to do daft shit for your amusement and then sabotaging their efforts.

Paying a woman to ditch her fella and join your ensemble for 15 seconds.

Having a black manservant and treating him like utter shit.

Wearing an Adidas tracksuit for photo shoots with said manservant 30 years later.

Absolute fucking fiend of a man.

FC2EAAE2-E94D-4BF0-8FA2-C64AF7B50FF8.jpeg

3 hours ago, SaitoRyo said:

Well, I think the reports at the time were that he didn't want to go full heel because he had found God and wanted to be a role model. 

He only temporarily turned in order to have the programme with Hogan. 

I also think a lot has been said in recent years to contradict the whole 'Shawn has really changed' narrative...

3 hours ago, TheToeSucker said:

Shawn never changed. The drugs wasn't what made him a cock.

Shawn found God but the devil found him first.

• Paid Members

JBL's return, and especially the entrance in 2007. A few weeks earlier, disgusted by being compared to MARK YEATON?! he cut a great promo vowing to return with such conviction that he definitely believed it was the most glorious event in wrestling history. And thus gave himself a fitting entrance...

The never-ending fireworks thing should definitely have been reused by now. Amazing.

I'll chuck in Jeff Hardy's tearful farewell in 2009, after he lost the 'Loser Leaves Smackdown / WWE' match in the cage with Punk. Gives an emotional farewell, apologising for everything that Punk chastised him for, the failed drug tests, the letting down of the fans. Waves goodbye.

Punk comes out and blasts him with the belt from behind. Just lovely shithousery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z2isRWe-V0

Edited by Grecian
Trying to add the video, rather than just the link