The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

https://m.skybet.com/wrestling

Sky taking bets on All Out. Famous last words, but surely there’s no easier money than betting on Orange Cassidy beating Jericho by throwing him in the mimosa? On his podcast last week Jericho himself was banging on about the importance of established guys losing in gimmick matches that don’t require a pinfall.

7 hours ago, Merzbow said:

The Bucks/FTR/Page & Omega angle is still where my interest lies the most but fuck me does Kenny try his best to ruin that, every time he opens his mouth it feels like he's trying to sabotage the segment by sounding as fake as possible and like he thinks everything is a joke.

He’s a terrible promo at the best of times, but he seemed really bad on this episode. I know people will point to that Pre-taped one he did when his match with Moxley got postponed (at last years All Out?), but that should’ve been good*, because he had infinite chances to get it right.

That Battle Royale segment, other than Eddie Kingston being good on the mic, did nothing to make me want to see that match. Shawn Spears had to appear twice and got no reaction either time.

Production seemed a bit dodgy this week too, really echoey during the backstage segments, were they not cutting the arena mics?

* personally I didn’t think that one was that good either

40 minutes ago, Supremo said:

https://m.skybet.com/wrestling

Sky taking bets on All Out. Famous last words, but surely there’s no easier money than betting on Orange Cassidy beating Jericho by throwing him in the mimosa? On his podcast last week Jericho himself was banging on about the importance of established guys losing in gimmick matches that don’t require a pinfall.

Jericho wins via normal means and gets dunked following the match.

See I was thinking it was easy money too and that OC is winning because Jericho doesn’t need the win or to be kept strong because he’ll just move onto whatever feud they have for him next.

But...if OC does win, then you need to move him onto something above where he is now because he’s beaten the former, and currently only other, World Champion for a second time, even the current champion can’t make that claim. But who do you feud him with? At this stage it’s either a face Moxley or MJF, which I don’t think has the legs to make it to the next PPV without being a retread of the Jericho feud he’s just coming off.

The only other viable option would be to keep Cody off TV and have OC go after the TNT title, but Cody’s been off for the last 2 weeks so I expect him back any moment and go back to him against Brodie, so where does that leave OC? Probably back dicking around with the Best Friends, who he’s already outgrown.

So yeah, Jericho with the sneaky win but takes a plunge in the drink so that OC gets his heat back

Edited by WyattSheepMask

2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

See I was thinking it was easy money too and that OC is winning because Jericho doesn’t need the win or to be kept strong because he’ll just move onto whatever feud they have for him next.

But...if OC does win, then you need to move him onto something above where he is now because he’s beaten the former, and currently only other, World Champion for a second time, even the current champion can’t make that claim. But who do you feud him with? At this stage it’s either a face Moxley or MJF, which I don’t think has the legs to make it to the next PPV without being a retread of the Jericho feud he’s just coming off.

The only other viable option would be to keep Cody off TV and have OC go after the TNT title, but Cody’s been off for the last 2 weeks so I expect him back any moment and go back to him against Brodie, so where does that leave OC? Probably back dicking around with the Best Friends, who he’s already outgrown.

So yeah, Jericho with the sneaky win but takes a plunge in the drink so that OC gets his heat back

Mjf beat Cody, then Next feud was mid card, then main event.  could be a dip for oc before next Feud 

Edited by Louch

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Doesn’t Baker having to work as a dentist imply that AEW doesn’t pay her enough?

Would've thought that was the case for any gimmick like that. Isaac Yankem, Duke Droese, Repo Man, IRS, Dean Douglas, TL Hopper...

Edited by Carbomb