All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, hallicks said:

If we did have a hung parliament and DUP support wasn’t enough, do you reckon Lib Dems go full heel and form coalition wolfpac? Would SNP back a queens speech from the tories if it meant getting Indy ref 2? 

Hard to see the Lib Dems going into coalition with the Tories again, but you never know with those snakey cunts. One of the reasons the went with the Blue side in 2010 is because the regarded Gordon Brown as a lunatic that they couldn't work with, I doubt they'd have the same fears with Starmer. 

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

And it's not just people who don't want to follow any guidelines or conspiracists either. It erodes any trust in the government for everyone, which empowers people to decide that they can just make up their own minds about the best course of action because they trust their decision-making over the government's. The main problem with this is that they are not armed with all the facts and advice that the government is.

And I say 'they' but I absolutely include myself in that group and feel my position is completely justifiable.

Oh, absolutely - there's always an element of public consent when it comes to any of these restrictions or guidelines, and everyone makes their own judgement calls as to where they are prepared to break the rules, and when we're prepared to take a risk. I met someone for a drink when we shouldn't have, but justified it to myself in that we both lived alone, worked from home, and weren't seeing anyone else, so it was a managed risk only affecting the two of us. To some people that would be an unacceptable breach of the guidelines, but some of those same people might not be wearing their mask on the train, or whatever. I'm sure the rules are created with the assumption that people are going to have a fairly liberal approach for them, and you just have to hope that the majority follow them to the best of their abilities - I've noticed a marked shift in the last day or two in terms of how many people on my morning commute are wearing masks now; the situation hasn't really changed, but some people need to be told what to do rather than to be asked to do what's best, it seems. There's a real sense among a lot of people that the pandemic is "over" until they're forcibly told otherwise.

And underpinning all of that is that the more people in positions of power are seen to break the rules and get away with it, the more the rest of us can feel justified in making our own little allowances. I find it easier and easier to have sympathy with the people who look to something like COP26 and see world leaders fraternising without masks or social distancing, and think "ever get the feeling you've been cheated?". It's easy to mistake lazy corruption and self-interest for conspiracy.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, hallicks said:

If we did have a hung parliament and DUP support wasn’t enough, do you reckon Lib Dems go full heel and form coalition wolfpac? Would SNP back a queens speech from the tories if it meant getting Indy ref 2? 

My word. What I’d pay to see some middle aged-to-geriatric politicians walk in shouting, “Lim Dems in the House!”

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, hallicks said:

Not a chance SNP would vote through a Tory Queen’s Speech or Budget. SNP know they’re borrowing votes from Labour until independence, they can’t risk upsetting that unspoken of agreement. Sturgeon’s been pretty clear that’s a no-go, she’d be showing uncharacteristic naivety in trusting the Tories to deliver on an indyref2.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, hallicks said:

If we did have a hung parliament and DUP support wasn’t enough, do you reckon Lib Dems go full heel and form coalition wolfpac?

No. They nearly destroyed their own party by doing it last time, surely there is no chance they will side with the Tories again, especially as this current government are seemingly further to the right than we've seen for some time. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Your Fight Site said:

My word. What I’d pay to see some middle aged-to-geriatric politicians walk in shouting, “Lim Dems in the House!”

To be fair, last time the Lib Dems did invade the government to form a coalition they did cause mass destruction. 

• Paid Members

We’re living in the Minority Report lads, police don’t look at crimes that happened in the past.

Raab must be the thickest person to ever sit on the front bench, I swear Johnson only keeps him around to look competent in comparison.

They're not investigating crimes from the past? So, could I go download a car or whatever and then five minutes later, I'll have gotten away with it forever?

I see he is also importing that shit you see in American political discourse about "ANONYMOUS SOURCES" not being a legitimate way to report on things.

Edited by 69MeDon

4 minutes ago, stumobir said:

We’re living in the Minority Report lads, police don’t look at crimes that happened in the past.

Raab must be the thickest person to ever sit on the front bench, I swear Johnson only keeps him around to look competent in comparison.

I'll bring it up every time hes mentioned but when I worked in social housing and he was guest of honour at an event involving young people achieving things, watching him try and converse with them was like a robot trying to talk to humans for the first time...and failing.

The oddest person I have ever met by a long distance.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/passports-removed-illegal-drug-users-crime-crackdown-boris-johnson-b970082.html

Do these fucking no-talent ass clowns sit around all day trying to come up with the dumbest ideas anybody has ever heard or what?

Also: according to reports from today, the first people whose passports they'll need to confiscate will be their own, which will make things awkward when they need to travel abroad for summits and such.

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members

That's actually frightening...once you get through the initial laugh at another ridiculous scheme, the practicalities of it are extremely worrying and will only target the most vulnerable people involved in drugs. 

Instead of actually legalising drugs, taxing them (which in itself would probably pay for the NHS and road infrastructure for the next 100 years) they are going all police state and coming up with a solution that's only going to harm the poorest in society.

Edit - "new ways of penalising them" (the 300,000 heroin users) what an absolute baw bag he is. Their lives are ready gubbed. How many even have a passport. What an absolute throbber.

Edited by Suplex Sinner