Paid Members PunkStep Posted December 8, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 8, 2021 6 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said: I dunno. I get the feeling that they'd be more accepting of a rich hindu conservative who knows his place than the upstart working class Muslim. Oh I think most Tory voters absolutely will, especially the more traditional Tory voters, but some of the new voters they attracted post-Brexit? I think they might lose some of them. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted December 8, 2021 Moderators Posted December 8, 2021 How much do the proper frothing at the mouth racists actually turn out to vote? I'd be interested in seeing the data on that. Instinctively I expect it to be low. Quote
Paid Members Ronnie Posted December 8, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 8, 2021 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: How much do the proper frothing at the mouth racists actually turn out to vote? I'd be interested in seeing the data on that. Instinctively I expect it to be low. The BNP got 563,743 votes in 2010. Although that was a one-off (because they had 338 candidates to the following elections' 8, 10, and 1), I suppose those same people might have turned out too in later elections giving their vote to somebody else. And I think we could safely guess that they didn't vote Green, LibDem or Remain! Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted December 8, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 8, 2021 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: How much do the proper frothing at the mouth racists actually turn out to vote? 52% Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted December 9, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 9, 2021 Of course they won't investigate. Who is it that opens the gates to Downing Street to let people in and out? No evidence? I'd wager that the CCTV footage from the cameras covering Downing Street is held for a lot longer than most other places. The Met aren't getting involved? Too late. Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted December 9, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 9, 2021 Won't deal with retrospective Covid breaches? You can bet any money that the same doesn't apply when they pursue working class folk for Covid fines. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted December 9, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 9, 2021 Tell GMP it was a rave, they'll be all over it. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted December 9, 2021 Members Posted December 9, 2021 Hes a great shitposter to be fair. Release the snapchats! Quote
wordsfromlee Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 Oh, what a coincidence! Johnson with another one of his tactics to divert attention. Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted December 9, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 9, 2021 It was nice to see pretty much all the front pages laying into Johnson this morning, it's almost like it's sinking just how much of a cunt he is (although FB has many people still moaning about how he's doing as well as anybody else could in these unpresidented [sic] times, and we're all heartless for not gushing over the future ex-Mrs Johnson having another babby [sic]). I have two theories as to why he's getting away with it. The first is that we expect it, and when the inevitable happens, our need for self-validation focusses on the banal satisfaction that we've been proven right. And some of the things he's done are so unthinkable for a Prime Minister, that when he does them, we feel affirmed that we're not exaggerating after all. The other - and this would also explain why Trump has so many supporters - is that he looks after his own. He makes sure his mates are fine. And I think that people are still in support of him, and will still vote for him, because if we're on his side, if we're one of "his people", he'll make sure that we're looked after. It's that tribalism instinct that's been nurtured in more recent times. Except that he won't. He doesn't give a shit about anyone outside of his circle. You can be as stereotypically Tory as you want to be, with your big house, SUV and dislike of foreigners, but you're not one of "his people". He's not on your side, even if you're on his. I think finally, the contempt, the division, the Stanley Johnson loophole, the rot is becoming noticable. It's [sic]kening. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted December 9, 2021 Posted December 9, 2021 Another reason is because he is the personification of Brexit. People voted for him on the promise of getting Brexit done with his oven ready deal. It’s difficult for people to accept that they were lied to and they got duped. By them admitting he is a charlatan they’re admitting he fooled them and that hurts their pride. Brexit is a football team to them, it’s a part of their personality and they think they have to support it through thick and thin. To abandon Johnson is abandoning Brexit, instead of holding their hands up and admitting they fell for the lies. I can totally understand why people voted Tory because of him, but to vote for them again with him at the helm is unforgivable. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted December 11, 2021 Moderators Posted December 11, 2021 I know absolutely nothing about him in real life so I just read anything from him as if Naveed is saying it. I could really hear his voice on that one! Quote
Paid Members Nexus Posted December 11, 2021 Paid Members Posted December 11, 2021 And they don't stop coming... Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.