All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

My girlfriend and I stuck to the rules, she saw her parents on Christmas Day for the only time since March and she was unable to go and visit her grandfather. Her grandfather died after Christmas and she never got to see him for the last 18 months of his life. It’s something that upsets her to this day. 

• Paid Members

Reading through that transcript makes me sick and angry the more I get through it. 'We don't recognise' and 'the rules were followed'. No accountability, just keep repeating the same vague response until the journalists run out of breath. This government can lie through their teeth, deny whatever they want and not explain or take responsibility for their actions...yet still get the vote. What a shitty backwards country this truly is. 

• Paid Members

It really is staggering just how blatant the lying and corruption has gotten within our country and especially the political elite. They have absolutely no shame, no remorse and evidently get a kick out of seeing just how far they can go in the pursuit of mugging us off. It's disgusting.

• Paid Members

I honestly feel this could be the turning point. Like Keith said, most of the country avoided seeing family over christmas last year. We also weren't allowed to see friends or extended family either, because we wanted to do the right thing. All the while those thundercunts were laughing behind our back. This seems to have hit a nerve unlike most things the country should be appalled by. 

Things like dodgy contacts for Tory mates. The last two days Annalese Dodds has breached this with Matt Hancock. 

He has just been on Peston to double down on it as well, and old speccles actually tried to take him to task on it. The wheels maybe about to fall off. That would make an excellent Christmas present.

• Paid Members

Yeah, absolutely no way this is a turning point. Half of the responses to tweets about it have been either 'who cares? It was last year' and 'yeah but who didn't have a party last Christmas?'. So those that vote for them aren't going to give a shit, because they're cunts. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Yeah, absolutely no way this is a turning point. Half of the responses to tweets about it have been either 'who cares? It was last year' and 'yeah but who didn't have a party last Christmas?'. So those that vote for them aren't going to give a shit, because they're cunts. 

It was my fault by listening to LBC yesterday when every caller was appalled and had stories similar to Keith. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Yep. Anybody who's going to be shocked by Boris Johnson having no morals, being corrupt as hell, and utterly dishonest, surely would have figured it all out by now anyway, and the people who vote for him in spite of all of that will continue to do so. I just can't fathom that there's anyone out there that saw this story and was shocked or surprised by it.

In terms of Christmas - I was meant to spend last Christmas with my parents, but was unable to travel. Assuming I get to see them this Christmas (and that's not necessarily a guarantee yet), it'll be the first time I've seen them since last October. I spent last Christmas self-isolating in a one bedroom flat for ten days instead, while my parents didn't see any of their kids or grandkids. They both caught Covid this year, too - thankfully came out of it okay in the end.

The problem with the Christmas party story, though, is that it completely empowers people who want an excuse not to follow the rules. It smacks of "one rule for them, another for us" and justifies people who just don't want to follow any of the guidance, and for the more conspiracy-minded it looks like The Elites are just getting on with business as usual and laughing at all the regular folk having to follow rules for nefarious reasons. It's easy for someone already inclined that way to think "well, it's all a scam" when the people setting the rules aren't following them. I couldn't give a toss if Boris Johnson and his mates get Covid at the Christmas party, but that knock-on effect is far more dangerous.

The other thing that annoys me is why wasn’t it reported at the time? I simply can’t believe that people in the media didn’t know about these parties. The likes of Kuenssberg were probably at them. The complicity from the fourth estate towards this government is criminal. 

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

The problem with the Christmas party story, though, is that it completely empowers people who want an excuse not to follow the rules. It smacks of "one rule for them, another for us" and justifies people who just don't want to follow any of the guidance, and for the more conspiracy-minded it looks like The Elites are just getting on with business as usual and laughing at all the regular folk having to follow rules for nefarious reasons. It's easy for someone already inclined that way to think "well, it's all a scam" when the people setting the rules aren't following them. I couldn't give a toss if Boris Johnson and his mates get Covid at the Christmas party, but that knock-on effect is far more dangerous.

And it's not just people who don't want to follow any guidelines or conspiracists either. It erodes any trust in the government for everyone, which empowers people to decide that they can just make up their own minds about the best course of action because they trust their decision-making over the government's. The main problem with this is that they are not armed with all the facts and advice that the government is.

And I say 'they' but I absolutely include myself in that group and feel my position is completely justifiable.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

The other thing that annoys me is why wasn’t it reported at the time? I simply can’t believe that people in the media didn’t know about these parties. The likes of Kuenssberg were probably at them. The complicity from the fourth estate towards this government is criminal. 

That bit is easy. The press have defended Boris at every turn. Except for the last few months where its become obvious that he is losing his grip on the party. Now we are starting to get more front pages attacking him.

52 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

And this is going to be a real problem if they need to introduce any further restrictions due to the new variant, especially if they try to do so over Christmas.

Not to sound all Facebook Boomer, but it's a disgrace.

2 hours ago, PunkStep said:

Half of the responses to tweets about it have been either 'who cares? It was last year'

Always worth remembering that most accounts replying to such reports with "who cares?" aren't doing so to share their own reaction, but to try and deflate yours.

6 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Always worth remembering that most accounts replying to such reports with "who cares?" aren't doing so to share their own reaction, but to try and deflate yours.

Yep, they’re big into astroturfing.

The most recent opinion polls have tories and labour about level, which translates to tories having about 30-40 more seats but still short of a majority, so Kieth’s approach of doing not a in opposition is starting to pay off. Obviously we’re over 2 years from a GE so it means fuck all at this stage, but it somewhat invalidates the sockpuppet accounts saying “who cares”. 

If we did have a hung parliament and DUP support wasn’t enough, do you reckon Lib Dems go full heel and form coalition wolfpac? Would SNP back a queens speech from the tories if it meant getting Indy ref 2? 

• Awards Moderator
41 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

And I say 'they' but I absolutely include myself in that group and feel my position is completely justifiable.

It's getting harder not to make your own versions of the rules isn't it? When you've spent 20 months doing everything by the book, forgoing seeing people, not going on holiday, wearing a mask when appropriate, limiting contact... and then all sorts of thundercunts doing whatever they want and there's still a pandemic on, you start to feel none of is worth it.

We had as best a Christmas as we could last year with just the three of us in the house but it wasn't special. We've pretty much decided we're going to see family this Christmas Day regardless what any rules might be. Which is dreadful I know, but our house has spent the last three weeks passing COVID to each other and we're just so bored. You follow the rules to the letter and still get flu'd up. 

None of it justifiable but you just get worn down by the whole thing.