All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, TheScarlettChad said:

Is this actually a thing that may happen or is it just a load of people on Twitter talking shite?

They’re going to lose a lot of seats, and a lot of more famous, or prominent faces will be losing. 

They’re bringing out his little podium though to announce a 4th July election. It was assumed it would be much later but because Sunak is an economist he will see the news about the economy today as the perfect launch pad. 

My top 5  personal almost realistic hopes for people losing seats are

Mogg

Streeting

Gullis

Cates

Mourdant. 

EDIT - Actually, under @SuperBacon rules,  can I have 6? Jess Phillips. 

Edited by Keith Houchen
Hot dog, jumping frog, Albuquerque

• Paid Members

All those people telling us "Let's just get the Tories out and Starmer in power and let's work from there - you can't achieve anything if you're not in power!"

Here we go. No pressure.

10 minutes ago, Surf Digby said:

Is it bad that I saw Sunak in the rain and immediately thought, "He's trying to do an Obama"?

Downpour soaks Obama and enthusiastic supporters at Virginia stump speech

And Starmer did too with his “Change” bollocks. 

17 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

During the Euros as well. 

Call me cynical, but I think this is a deliberate choice on the Tories part. Think about it: if you were at very real risk of losing power, when would be the best time to have an election? When there's a big event that can distract people from said election.

20 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

All those people telling us "Let's just get the Tories out and Starmer in power and let's work from there - you can't achieve anything if you're not in power!"

Here we go. No pressure.

You might share this view, but there isn't going to be a drastic change of direction from Starmer once elected. In terms of the realistic options for Prime Minister being presented to the country today he's the least worst, but if I do vote for Labour it will be because it's an ugly baby contest, and not on the promise of some progressive utopia further down the road. If he is masking his intentions so as not to appear completely toxic to parts of the electorate, it's progressives he's taking for a ride. He isn't exactly flavour of the month just now, but I've a feeling they're going to like PM Starmer even less. The real bait and switch was the Labour Leadership Election.

59 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Pretty sure Devon was being sarcastic there mate.

Yes, there was no breach of Poe's law there. My post was aimed at the type of people Devon referred to rather than Devon himself. I'd be surprised if there were any such individuals on the forum, but you never know. 

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Donald J Trump said:

I'd be surprised if there were any such individuals on the forum

Prepare to be surprised then!