All Tories Are Cunts thread

Devon Malcolm

53 minutes ago, Nexus said:

A Tory MP has defected to Labour. Tells you all you need to know about Keith's Labour https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68913287

It's the second one this Parliament, and the other one's re-standing. Christian Wakeford crossed the floor a few years ago with a Union Flag face covering. In the two years he and Lee Anderson were both Conservative MPs, I doubt they'd have disagreed about anything. But hey, according to Starmer's strategy that counts as 'detoxifying' the party brand. 

I believe he was the minister who sold the country’s supply of blood plasma to a private firm. He also envisages an advisory role within Labour on health matters after the election. 

Very reassuring for everyone laughing at  the cranks who think Labour won’t privatise more health services. 

• Paid Members

Dan Poulter doesn't live far from me. He's not my MP though a friend of mine lives in his constituency and can't stand the guy. Very much a 'wherever the wind blows' type apparently. Doesn't have any real principles so should be just at home in Labour as he was with the Tories.

Most of the area Poulter represents actually has a local council run by the Green Party, so maybe there's hope that seat will go for a more radical option at the general. 

12 minutes ago, Fog Dude said:

Most of the area Poulter represents actually has a local council run by the Green Party, so maybe there's hope that seat will go for a more radical option at the general. 

Dunno. He holds a 23k majority so it’s pretty unlikely. 

17 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Is he the bloke who sang that Bad Day song in 2005? I always wondered what happened to him after his music career. I didn't think it would be this if I'm honest. 

You are thinking of Daniel Powter. If i’m being whoosed then go fuck yourself in advance. 

18 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Is he the bloke who sang that Bad Day song in 2005? I always wondered what happened to him after his music career. I didn't think it would be this if I'm honest. 

The lyrics include: "They tell me your blue skies fade to grey" 

Prescient.

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Only difference between Canada and Suffolk/Ipswich is that there are more mooses in Ipswich. 

Proper 'nail on the head' post there 😆