UKFF Top 50 Games: 10th Anniversary Edition

Onyx2

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

People I'd really like to see votes from:

[others]
@Your Fight Site
[others]

I don’t think I‘ve played enough games to compile a “top ten”. My top ten would probably be GTA V, Rocket LeagueGTA 4, GTA 3, and then the bottom six padded out with SmackDown titles 😄

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I don’t think I‘ve played enough games to compile a “top ten”. My top ten would probably be GTA V, Rocket LeagueGTA 4, GTA 3, and then the bottom six padded out with SmackDown titles 😄

No Vice City?!? Outrageous!

• Awards Moderator
17 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Had you down as a gamer? Sorry dude! All responses welcome regardless. 

(not that GTA games need more votes right now) 

Rocket League is a great shout. 

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Had you down as a gamer? Sorry dude! All responses welcome regardless.

No worries 🙂

I’d definitely fall under the “casual gamer” label. I only play a few hours a week, and tend to stick with one title for a while before moving on.

Currently playing Rocket League as it’s easy to just dip in online and play a few matches. Think the last story-based game I played was the story mode in GTA V.

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I’d definitely fall under the “casual gamer” label. I only play a few hours a week, and tend to stick with one title for a while before moving on.

That's how I class myself too, though sometimes I'll go mad on a weekend and play a game for hours. I plan to do the same with Far Cry 5 this Saturday in order to finally complete the bugger. Still got all the DLC to go through as well AND Far Cry 3.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:45 PM, PunkStep said:

I've been playing Clash of Clans for about 4 years now. I don't enjoy it, I don't know why I'm still 'playing' it. I feel completely empty about the game, but I need to harvest those gems every day otherwise...I don't know.

Bahaha. I done in game message support - outsourced - for Clash of Clans last year. Unbelievable racket and a glorious piss take of a job when it lasted. Was dealing with a 50/50 mix of Indian kids trying to phish Town Hall 12 accounts to sell online and completely deadpan Americans who felt we were personally fucking over their family clans with unfair matchmaking. 

Edited by Gay as FOOK

Just now, PunkStep said:

Sooooo...how much might somebody be able to sell their Town Hall 12 account to somebody for? Just out of curiosity.

Never really looked into it. About 100 bucks on eBay at a quick glance but we were dealing with these dirt poor kids who'd just steal each others phones, try and phish and sell accounts constantly etc. Indian support was eventually put behind a paywall. Definitely shouldn't be saying that, but they automated about half the queries and dissolved our contact last year, so fuck 'em. 

I'm very tired from teaching all day so I'm not going to do this now, but do remind me before the deadline and I'll do it.

It'll be a little pointless though as most of the games on my list won't have been from the last decade and so won't get any other votes.  More than any other art form, the videogame community has a very short memory, for the obvious reason that once the console generation is over, nobody can really play the games.  There's no channel for playing old games like with old films.

@Onyx2

Done, went through the ages with this, thanks for the tag

Systems covered:- C64, Sega Megadrive, PS2, PS3, Arcade, Xbox One

Oldest Game: 1985

Newest Game; 2016 (kinda)

Games left out included:-

GTA San Andreas

Bishi Bashi Special

Gran Turismo 4

Most Wrestling Games, bar one

Sim City

Secret of Mana

Outrun

and loads of other perennials

• Paid Members

It is done. Some 80s and 90s throwbacks, couple of fighters. Was going to stick Doom, but I usually play zDoom with its easy wad launcher or DoomRL, the turn-based top-down roguelike version. Sorry for some of the twaddle.

• Paid Members
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:13 AM, SuperBacon said:

I’ve submitted mine despite not actually playing many games since the PS2 days, hope this is ok. 

I'm the same, and I was only a casual gamer back then, which is why I tend not to venture into gaming threads.