UKFF Top 50 Games: 10th Anniversary Edition

Onyx2

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes.

Me too! It's the first thing I do when I get on the poxy train. Or if I'm still awake at 1am (which is when the daily challenges reset). I don't even know what I'm aiming to do now. I simulate every battle now because they're fucking boring. Oh, and every battle against a team with Bastila Shan in it is a loss, guaranteed.

• Awards Moderator
Just now, PunkStep said:

Me too! It's the first thing I do when I get on the poxy train. Or if I'm still awake at 1am (which is when the daily challenges reset). I don't even know what I'm aiming to do now. I simulate every battle now because they're fucking boring. Oh, and every battle against a team with Bastila Shan in it is a loss, guaranteed.

Ha! Yes, absolutely. Her and the bloody Nightsisters. I have to plough through the daily rewards, maybe get four more Enfys Nest shards if I’m lucky. When it comes to the events to unlock the remaining characters, the various arenas, and guild raids, there’s just no progress anymore. I know what I’m aiming for - I want to collect all the characters - part of me knows that’ll never happen but the rest of me keeps logging in every day regardless.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, johnnyboy said:

I lumped series together where I've continued playing them over multiple platforms and extended timespans.

Well please don't, it's a chuffing nightmare to score.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Just going to leave this here.

I know I voted for 2 from the series, but for balance I've shared my dislike of SA as an overrated disappointment on here before and if anyone else loves 1 enough to vote for it I'm a dutchman. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Tommy! said:

I know I voted for 2 from the series, but for balance I've shared my dislike of SA as an overrated disappointment on here before and if anyone else loves 1 enough to vote for it I'm a dutchman. 

San Andreas is probably my favourite from the series. Nice big varied map, good radio stations. Yes it's from that time when their stories were just lifted from movies, but there was loads to do in it. Heck I probably spent more time just driving around than I did playing the game.

• Paid Members

Voted off the top of my head, so my list is a bit all over the place, and skewed towards late '90s/early '00s. A ton of "honourable mentions" if I have to be honest about it - pained me not to include Alex Kidd In Miracle World.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Alex Kidd In Miracle World

To be fair, it's bloody horrible! It was always the game you'd play to death until your birthday rolled round and your folks could afford to get you a decent game like Sonic.

• Paid Members

Nah, it's brilliant. 

It's tied up in a ridiculous amount of nostalgia for me, but I love it, and have played it fairly regular ever since it was released, downloading it on every console I could. The fact that I can't stand any of the other games in the series, none of which I played as a kid, makes me think I might be looking at it through rose-tinted glasses to some extent, though...

Just done mine. I got 6 straight off, the last four took a great deal of thought and one I've had to chuck in simply so I had something from the current generation. I've only just started RDR2, so had to exclude that as I'm only on Chapter 2!

• Paid Members

I think 1, possibly 2 other people might also opt for Kid Chameleon as a top 10 based on previous craic.

I’ve banged on about some of my other options in the retro games thread far too much as it is, so they were obvious entries for me.

I wonder how many other people will choose Champ Man 97/98. I know a few on here love it, but not sure if they’ve bothered voting.

• Awards Moderator
38 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I wonder how many other people will choose Champ Man 97/98. I know a few on here love it, but not sure if they’ve bothered voting.

Well, spoilers but just one person has voted for it (you). This is the problem johnnyboy was hinting at, that a whole series can get diluted by picking one of them. Champ Man is a prime example. Mario Kart would be another. Arguably very similar games that comes down to 'the one you spent the most time with'.

I will do an accompanying run-down of popularity by series.

Edited by Onyx2

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

hink 1, possibly 2 other people might also opt for Kid Chameleon as a top 10 based on previous craic.

If I'm one of those then apologies, as it did not make my list although it was definitely considered.