UKFF Top 50 Games: 10th Anniversary Edition

Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

Ten years ago, the UKFF declared GoldenEye the best game ever!

In 2013 Grand Theft Auto V took the top spot!

In 2019 PS4 and Xbox One are entering their twilight years, mobile games can legitimately be good, retro is cool again, and whole new genres like Battle Royale and MOBA have arisen.

What are your favourites now? Bleeding edge technology or bleep bloops of your youth? Amiga or ST? Spectrum or Stadia?

LET'S FIND OUT. 

I know you lot are lazy so I made a Google Form for it. Click here to fill it in https://forms.gle/XQik39CnMveuk5Mn9

I've made it as easy as possible to vote, with no email required so we are GDPR friendly. Yes, you could technically vote multiple times but for fuck's sake it's a poll on a forum for wrestling fans. Comments are optional but make interesting reading. I've only asked for your username to tie it to comments.

Voting ends 30th June. and I'll publish the results on 1st July, ten years to the day since the inaugural vote.

Edited by Onyx2

• Awards Moderator

This is exciting - haven’t given this subject much thought in ages, but I bet it’s changed a lot from 10 years ago. I very rarely play games now because there’s just not the time - I’ll not be nominating RDR2 for that reason - so I think my choices will end up being either games I have a lot of nostalgia for irrespective of objective quality, or recent games I actually found the time to complete.

Edit: My initial list is 28. Time for some whittling down...

edit again: down to 14... nearly there... and done! Sorry Tetris, you didn’t make the cut this time.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

8 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

This is exciting - haven’t given this subject much thought in ages, but I bet it’s changed a lot from 10 years ago. I very rarely play games now because there’s just not the time - I’ll not be nominating RDR2 for that reason - so I think my choices will end up being either games I have a lot of nostalgia for irrespective of objective quality, or recent games I actually found the time to complete.

Edit: My initial list is 28. Time for some whittling down...

edit again: down to 14... nearly there... and done! Sorry Tetris, you didn’t make the cut this time.

It’s bloody hard to settle on ten! I would have ten written in the form, be set to hit submit, then I’d realise I’d forgotten something.

Tetris made my list, but Sensible Soccer just missed out. 

11 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Only if they haven't played God of War god dammit! It's definitely a three way battle between RDR2/GoW/BotW for me. 

I wasn’t able to get into God of War. The gameplay loop just wasn’t for me. 

I find it hard to pick between RDR2, FFVII, Fallout 3 and The Witcher 3. I did, obviously, but it wasn’t easy!

1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

Only if they haven't played God of War god dammit! It's definitely a three way battle between RDR2/GoW/BotW for me. 

God Of War was in my top 10, the only current gen game I’ve put in there.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

My main issue was the number of indie/indie-style games I wanted to include. So many came to mind, and I’m the end I don’t think I included any.

Hotline Miami, Super Meat Boy, Valiant Hearts and FTL...all brilliant games, and I couldn’t settle on one to make my list.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, Mr_Danger said:

Is it Bubble Bobble thats impossible to complete in single player? As in you get to the end and it won't let you finish it without a second player. Might be the other way round.

Sort of. You can still complete it but you don't get the 'happy ending'.

I've never got past level 52 on one credit anyway.