UKFF Top 50 Games: 10th Anniversary Edition

Onyx2

You know you're a 80's child if....

It's not just recency bias though. It's such a great time to be a gamer with all bases being covered from big AAA games down to indy kick starters. When i was a kid you either had a Nintendo or a Sega and you got about 3 games a year. I mean, I don't have any time to play all these great games but I love the idea of it!

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

Just a week left to vote! The top spot has changed several times but will probably go to one of 3 games. 

I don’t want you to confirm this for obvious reasons mate, but I’m going to guess the top 3 will be (in any order):

Streets of Rage 2, RDR2 and Graeme Souness Soccer Manager.

• Awards Moderator
42 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I don’t want you to confirm this for obvious reasons mate, but I’m going to guess the top 3 will be (in any order):

Streets of Rage 2, RDR2 and Graeme Souness Soccer Manager.

Oooh, so close. Actually the third title is

256px-Ehisinlay.jpg

• Awards Moderator
30 minutes ago, Loki said:

Done.  That took way too long.

My heart melted for you listing

Target: Renegade

So good. The C64 and Spectrum versions were very different but both great. I'd give the edge to Spectrum for multiplayer though.

• Paid Members

Interested in seeing Loki's. I'm hoping due to his involvement in the industry that his top 10 might be from a different perspective to the rest of us.

Also, anyone saying 'no point putting a vote in because they won't make the top 10'- do it! You never know, plus it's always interesting to see how others have voted and the variety of games picked. Who cares if they make it high on the list of not. They'll make for better reading than my boring predictable top 10, that's for sure.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Accident Prone said:

I'm still in tatters at not putting in Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3 or THUG.

Don’t be in tatters, we’ll just assume the reason you omitted those are because you obviously did include Tony Hawks 2 (the best one) 👍

• Paid Members

I'd lose my shit if Streets Of 2 made it even on the list, let alone high up. There's so much love for that game nowadays, and it's not all nostalgia. It still plays really well even almost 30 years on. My other half's middle two nephews are in primary school and they like to play it. 

Just now, jazzygeofferz said:

I'd lose my shit if Streets Of 2 made it even on the list, let alone high up. There's so much love for that game nowadays, and it's not all nostalgia. It still plays really well even almost 30 years on. My other half's middle two nephews are in primary school and they like to play it. 

I don’t remember what order I’ve put my top 10 in but that was definitely my number 1.

• Paid Members

I stuck it at number 2 because for as much as I love it Okami is the best time I've ever had playing a videogame. 

• Paid Members

I liked it, but I was always a Final Fight guy (no pun intended). Probably because of Mike Haggar, what a character. Did he ever make his way into any of the Street Fighter games? I know the other two did (the weird convict incarnation of Cody that threw potatoes at people was shit).

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Don’t be in tatters, we’ll just assume the reason you omitted those are because you obviously did include Tony Hawks 2 (the best one) 👍

My take is that while THSP2 was incredible and I played the hell out of it, I much prefer THPS3 because it introduced the game-changing 'revert' ability and THUG had the first proper story with larger levels. I spent HOURS on THPS2 on the Dreamcast, but I spent DAYS on THSP3 and THUG on the PS2.