UKFF Top 50 Games: 10th Anniversary Edition

Onyx2

2 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

I wonder how many other people will choose Champ Man 97/98. I know a few on here love it, but not sure if they’ve bothered voting.

Fuck, I hadn't even thought of that. It's so much a part of life from that era, I can barely think of an adequate way to describe it. I don't want to get into the cliche of remembering all the old favourite signings, thank you very much Viktor Leonenko. 

2 hours ago, hallicks said:

Fuck, I hadn't even thought of that. It's so much a part of life from that era, I can barely think of an adequate way to describe it. I don't want to get into the cliche of remembering all the old favourite signings, thank you very much Viktor Leonenko. 

01/02 is the definitive version for me. I can’t believe I forgot to include that on my list...then again, I’m not sure what I’d eliminate from what I did pick. 

Did anyone include a wrestling game?

• Paid Members

I'm up to 8. I'm getting there. I apologise to whoever's reading it because it reads to me like a really bad magazine article.

On 6/18/2019 at 6:10 PM, RedRooster said:

01/02 is the definitive version for me. I can’t believe I forgot to include that on my list...then again, I’m not sure what I’d eliminate from what I did pick. 

Did anyone include a wrestling game?

I think that's definitely the better one but for me 97/98 holds the most dear memories. Other than those two they all kind of blur in to one another. I remeber the one where Batigol had signed for Roma being a goodun  but couldn't tell you if that was Footy Manager or Champ Man.

As for wrestling games, it's gotta be Here Comes the Pain. I was unbeatable with Angle, I even beat two of my managers in a handicap match.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I think that's definitely the better one but for me 97/98 holds the most dear memories. Other than those two they all kind of blur in to one another. I remeber the one where Batigol had signed for Roma being a goodun  but couldn't tell you if that was Footy Manager or Champ Man.

As for wrestling games, it's gotta be Here Comes the Pain. I was unbeatable with Angle, I even beat two of my managers in a handicap match.

I really enjoyed that multiplayer career mode in Smackdown 2. I wish they could do something like that again, although I don't really play it much now. I really enjoyed Smackdown Vs Raw 2006.

3 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Shut Your Mouth has always been my favourite. I loved how story mode started with the draft, and you got to draft your own roster. 

I considered including EWR (TEW has always been too in depth for my tastes) but in the end I could t decide where it would fit in my list. I had that issue with a few games, it’s so hard to narrow it down to just ten. 

• Awards Moderator

People I'd really like to see votes from:

@Astro Hollywood (someone needs to vote for Skool Daze)
@CracktonMoj
@Nostalgia Nonce
@Loki (some people have voted for Alien Isolation you know)
@Your Fight Site
@seph
@Stylin_and_Profilin
@patiirc
@Kookoocachu 
@Steve Justice
@chokeout
@John Matrix
@Au (post more in general please)
@Daaaaaad!
@Callum1993
@Devon Malcolm (no votes for Bubble Bobble... yet)

@Ralphy (a list of consoles he hasn't unboxed) 

Edited by Onyx2