Things that you know will be shit

Gus Mears

On 1/28/2023 at 6:45 AM, Uncle Zeb said:

spacer.png

Christ. That’s a list of names I’d rather see in the Bucket Kicking Thread. Was the team name actually The Party Animals? Fucking hell.

I also thought it said Terrible All Stars which would have been much more fitting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Everything to do with Fawlty Towers outside of the original has been fucking shit. The above, that 'Fawlty Towers Experience' weekend I posted a while back, Michael Barrymore's standup routine, anything to do with John Cleese for the last 40 years.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Gus Mears said:

Everything to do with Fawlty Towers outside of the original has been fucking shit. The above, that 'Fawlty Towers Experience' weekend I posted a while back, Michael Barrymore's standup routine, anything to do with John Cleese for the last 40 years.

No A Fish Called Wanda slander in my vicinity, please.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

“The new series will explore how the cynical and sarcastic Basil navigates the modern world.”

So basically it’s a vehicle for Cleese to have an “I’ve been cancelled!” rant though the medium of a mainstream sitcom

Wasn't Basil always a bit of a cunt though, as a point people generally forget. He wasn't written as a likable character, he was snobby, elitist, jealous, occasionally lecherous and stupid and that generally led into the comedy set up of the episode. 

Fawlty Towers was fantastic. And didn't out stay its welcome with only 12 classics. 

John Cleese was fantastic. Basil is one of the all time great twats, that you at the same time root for and want to see get punched.

John Cleese is now an old windbag who hasn't moved with the times. Like most of our parents. Whatever. Who cares what he does these days as he's no longer relevant.

This will be shit but thats as much to do with it being such a classic sitcom than his involvement to be honest.

Having said that if there is an episode where the Major marries a "woofter" I will of course be watching it.